First of all I have to apologise that there are no photographs.
Secondly I have to say what a wonderful day it has been and a real pleasure to meet Yorkie, Sicky Nicky, LewisRDay and Blind Traveller.
I left Southport on the 07.21 to Man Picc and it was a pacer ! having bought a CDR for £11.10
I got to Picc at 8.37 and then bought my South Pennine Day Rover , which covered me all the way to Leeds and this cost me £21.00 and arrived in Leeds @ 9.52.
When I got to Leeds I bought a West Yorkshire Train Day Rover for £6.60 and this was the ticket I used for my travels round West Yorkshire.
I managed to miss above 4 at Leeds station and so we finally met at Wakefield Kirkgate Station
We then went Wakefield to Mirfield (not on a Pacer) then Mirfield to Todmorden ( on a Pacer), we then went Todmorden to Brighouse (on a Pacer) with the intention of the everyone bar me , to go Brighouse to Huddersfield and then Huddlesfield to Darnley Dale, but we got delayed at Brighouse for 24 minutes with a poorly train.
As time was marching on, and I still had a further 2 1/2 hours travelling to get home to Southport, I bailed out at Huddersfield and got the 16.59 to Picc which arrived at 17.36, I then got the 18.22 from Picc to Southport (on a Pacer !) and got home at 19.37.
Gents it was a pleasure meeting you and I hope you enjoyed the rest of the bashing !.
Regards
AntoniC
Secondly I have to say what a wonderful day it has been and a real pleasure to meet Yorkie, Sicky Nicky, LewisRDay and Blind Traveller.
I left Southport on the 07.21 to Man Picc and it was a pacer ! having bought a CDR for £11.10
I got to Picc at 8.37 and then bought my South Pennine Day Rover , which covered me all the way to Leeds and this cost me £21.00 and arrived in Leeds @ 9.52.
When I got to Leeds I bought a West Yorkshire Train Day Rover for £6.60 and this was the ticket I used for my travels round West Yorkshire.
I managed to miss above 4 at Leeds station and so we finally met at Wakefield Kirkgate Station
We then went Wakefield to Mirfield (not on a Pacer) then Mirfield to Todmorden ( on a Pacer), we then went Todmorden to Brighouse (on a Pacer) with the intention of the everyone bar me , to go Brighouse to Huddersfield and then Huddlesfield to Darnley Dale, but we got delayed at Brighouse for 24 minutes with a poorly train.
As time was marching on, and I still had a further 2 1/2 hours travelling to get home to Southport, I bailed out at Huddersfield and got the 16.59 to Picc which arrived at 17.36, I then got the 18.22 from Picc to Southport (on a Pacer !) and got home at 19.37.
Gents it was a pleasure meeting you and I hope you enjoyed the rest of the bashing !.
Regards
AntoniC