• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Report for prosecution- south western railway

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrkr

Member
Joined
19 Nov 2024
Messages
15
Location
battersea
Just want to mention that you say you have a new TrainLine account. Is it also a new bank account you are using?
If it is the same bank details TrainLine will link all accounts to that bank account. If they ask for your past history they will get the older ones too.
Just a warning they can link accounts.
I have no idea about that to be honest no clue
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

WesternLancer

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Apr 2019
Messages
15,354
I’m sure they won’t take me if im honest and open right ?
They will take a decision on on whether to prosecute based on their evidence they have which includes what happened on this occasion and any evidence they can find from previous ticket buying etc if they look, which SWR usually seem to do. There is no hard and fast rule either way.

But from what we see on here being honest with them and convincing them that from now on you will always buy the correct fare, increases the chances that they will not prosecute you.

That's all it's really possible for us to say

Beyond that you can have a read of their policy to give you an idea of what they say they will do:

 

6Gman

Established Member
Joined
1 May 2012
Messages
9,229
I’ve bought child tickets but they weren’t for me I was caught at the top walking out- also will they see that tfl tried to take me to court before but they didn’t prosecute me. I don’t know what to tell them I didn’t have a ticket I walked up and saw revenue so I quickly purchased a ticket on spot
This is the killer to your story - why didn't you buy during the journey? (Which would still have been an offence but would have shown intent to pay a fare)
 

mrkr

Member
Joined
19 Nov 2024
Messages
15
Location
battersea
I’m
This is the killer to your story - why didn't you buy during the journey? (Which would still have been an offence but would have shown intent to pay a fare)
i did I bought the ticket from Barnes as I walking upstairs and then I saw the revenue people
 

WesternLancer

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Apr 2019
Messages
15,354
I’m

i did I bought the ticket from Barnes as I walking upstairs and then I saw the revenue people
Which is not what you said before. You said before that you bought the ticket after you saw the revenue team staff. Ie it looks like you had no intention of paying until you saw them. Or it looks that way to them.
 

mrkr

Member
Joined
19 Nov 2024
Messages
15
Location
battersea
I’m

i did I bought the ticket from Barnes as I walking upstairs and then I saw the revenue people
So I did buy the ticket when I got to Clapham junction where I ended my journey I’m just gonna be honest and hope they allow me- will you guys really think they’ll take me court

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Which is not what you said before. You said before that you bought the ticket after you saw the revenue team staff. Ie it looks like you had no intention of paying until you saw them. Or it looks that way to them.
I did I said I bought it whilst seeing them

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

So I did buy the ticket when I got to Clapham junction where I ended my journey I’m just gonna be honest and hope they allow me- will you guys really think they’ll take me court

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==


I did I said I bought it whilst seeing them
Please can you guys advise me on what to say it’s really killing me on the inside
 
Last edited:

WesternLancer

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Apr 2019
Messages
15,354
So I did buy the ticket when I got to Clapham junction where I ended my journey I’m just gonna be honest and hope they allow me- will you guys really think they’ll take me court

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==


I did I said I bought it whilst seeing them

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==


Please can you guys advise me on what to say it’s really killing me on the inside
There’s nothing to say until they write to you? Have they done that?
 

John R

Established Member
Joined
1 Jul 2013
Messages
6,132
Which is not what you said before. You said before that you bought the ticket after you saw the revenue team staff. Ie it looks like you had no intention of paying until you saw them. Or it looks that way to them.
I think the OP needs to seriously consider whether law is the profession for them. Their attitude towards being honest, both in terms of the serial offences committed, and then even when engaging with the forum, appears completely contrary with the basic standard of integrity which is required by someone pursuing a legal career.
 

Gloster

Veteran Member
Joined
4 Sep 2020
Messages
13,043
Location
Up the creek
I think the OP needs to seriously consider whether law is the profession for them. Their attitude towards being honest, both in terms of the serial offences committed, and then even when engaging with the forum, appears completely contrary with the basic standard of integrity which is required by someone pursuing a legal career.

I am afraid that I am very much of the same opinion. This is both for the general good and for their own interests.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top