UnverifiedR
New Member
Hi all,
As is probably the case for the majority of postings here - I've received a Report for Prosecution regarding an invalid ticket (I had bought the ticket the day prior). I was hoping if I could receive some advice on how best to proceed with this. I was wondering whether the fact that my ticket had been scanned once prior, and had been looked at twice, before might have any relevance to the situation and whether this my mitigate the situation. The following is a series of events:
Arrived at Paignton, boarded train, I had bought the ticket prior using trainsplit
Upon the train, my ticket was scanned by a member of staff - I was not told my ticket was invalid, and was given no indication that I couldn't travel using the ticket
Arrived at Exeter St Davids to changeover, I spoke to a member of staff to let me out so I could get a coffee - he looked at my ticket and let me out, again made no issue with my ticket (I also had it looked at again by a different member of staff to let me back in who again had no issue).
Boarded my other train, then revenue protection came and that was when I was made aware I had an invalid ticket.
He suggested to me that it might be a route to claim that I wasn't given an option to make payment for a valid ticket, as I was unaware it was invalid and had no indication it was, and that this might be grounds to mitigate the situation.
Thanks!
As is probably the case for the majority of postings here - I've received a Report for Prosecution regarding an invalid ticket (I had bought the ticket the day prior). I was hoping if I could receive some advice on how best to proceed with this. I was wondering whether the fact that my ticket had been scanned once prior, and had been looked at twice, before might have any relevance to the situation and whether this my mitigate the situation. The following is a series of events:
Arrived at Paignton, boarded train, I had bought the ticket prior using trainsplit
Upon the train, my ticket was scanned by a member of staff - I was not told my ticket was invalid, and was given no indication that I couldn't travel using the ticket
Arrived at Exeter St Davids to changeover, I spoke to a member of staff to let me out so I could get a coffee - he looked at my ticket and let me out, again made no issue with my ticket (I also had it looked at again by a different member of staff to let me back in who again had no issue).
Boarded my other train, then revenue protection came and that was when I was made aware I had an invalid ticket.
He suggested to me that it might be a route to claim that I wasn't given an option to make payment for a valid ticket, as I was unaware it was invalid and had no indication it was, and that this might be grounds to mitigate the situation.
Thanks!