MidnightFlyer
Veteran Member
- Joined
- 16 May 2010
- Messages
- 12,856
The new (Issue 135) Today's Railways UK has a small item in the News pages that reads:
I can't find anything further to this on Northern or Network Rail's websites, or any local media either. Has anyone heard anything about this and if so, is there any indication of individual timelines and plans? Further to this, does anyone know why these four were chosen whilst the identical building at Eccles looks set to remain? I'm taking nothing away from Northern or NR however, it's a welcome development.
Cheers
TRUK135 said:Work at GM stations
Northern and Network Rail are to replace the life-expired 'portakabin'-style ticket offices are Hag Fold, Flixton, Mauldeth Road and Lostock. The work will be funded by Network Rail under its landlord's obligation, and is expected to be completed by March 2014.
I can't find anything further to this on Northern or Network Rail's websites, or any local media either. Has anyone heard anything about this and if so, is there any indication of individual timelines and plans? Further to this, does anyone know why these four were chosen whilst the identical building at Eccles looks set to remain? I'm taking nothing away from Northern or NR however, it's a welcome development.
Cheers