I'm curious what will happen on the Oxford to Bletchley line now that it seems that it is going to be reopened.
Firstly, will this announcement delay the Chiltern Evergreen 3 project? Some of that was planned on a reduced capacity/money saving basis with single track sections and a single platform at Islip which will need to be all redesigned, not to mention ideas for an enlarged station at Oxford...
also, because the route crosses the HS2 proposed alignment, will they have to build all the bridges and embankment infrastructure first even before works on HS2 begin? Does anyone have any information on this?
Finally, I feel it's inevitable that the line will get electrified at some time, now that the electric is coming to Oxford, giving the potential for through electric services from the west country and south Wales... I wonder if they will electrify as part of the first build?
Firstly, will this announcement delay the Chiltern Evergreen 3 project? Some of that was planned on a reduced capacity/money saving basis with single track sections and a single platform at Islip which will need to be all redesigned, not to mention ideas for an enlarged station at Oxford...
also, because the route crosses the HS2 proposed alignment, will they have to build all the bridges and embankment infrastructure first even before works on HS2 begin? Does anyone have any information on this?
Finally, I feel it's inevitable that the line will get electrified at some time, now that the electric is coming to Oxford, giving the potential for through electric services from the west country and south Wales... I wonder if they will electrify as part of the first build?