• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Reopening of bay platforms Crewe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zontar

Member
Joined
10 Oct 2018
Messages
696
Location
Birmingham
I noticed the old bay platforms both ends of platform 12 have been cleared. Does anyone know the intentions of what's going on?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Trainfan2019

Member
Joined
9 Aug 2019
Messages
530
I'm frequently at Crewe but not been round that side for a while. It might just be general routine work maybe? I seem to remember the bay platforms nearest to Locomotive Services got cleared about 3 years ago but I know it's soon grown back since. I'm intrigued though.
 

Topological

Established Member
Joined
20 Feb 2023
Messages
4,330
Location
Swansea
Obviously, they are not reopening.

But, what could actually use them if they did reopen? The Shrewsbury shuttle would not need to clash with Platform 11.

Unless there was some major remodelling, it does not feel like south facing bays will help Crewe.
 

Trainfan2019

Member
Joined
9 Aug 2019
Messages
530
Below are a couple of photos showing the now fairly cleared bay platforms (off platform 12) at Crewe station. I took these yesterday morning in a rush though.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20250428_073253.jpg
    IMG_20250428_073253.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20250428_072834.jpg
    IMG_20250428_072834.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 45
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top