• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Remind me to not call up companies for clarification ever again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

causton

Established Member
Joined
4 Aug 2010
Messages
5,504
Location
Somewhere between WY372 and MV7
Need to get a bus from London Colney at about 9pm tonight... the timetable on Uno's site said that there is a bus at 9:20 which is fine, I can get that. (Scroll down to the bottom half of the page "towards Hatfield")

On the Uno website it says that runs term-time only (this week is the holidays)
But on other websites (intalink, traveline) it says it runs until the 27th May (the end of the university year).

I called up to clarify and apparently the last bus is the 18:12 - the person I called couldn't find the 2 later journeys that run every M-F and the rest that "run term time only"!
He started talking about 'no, that's the 101 you're thinking of' and that the last bus definitely was at 18:12.

Guess I'll be getting the slow bus home tonight!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

HST Power

Established Member
Joined
25 Nov 2010
Messages
3,704
I just thought I'd do the decent thing and remind you NEVER to call up bus companies for clarification ever again! ;)
 

causton

Established Member
Joined
4 Aug 2010
Messages
5,504
Location
Somewhere between WY372 and MV7
(Prologue: The driver on my outbound journey 'checked the times' - well he got out a book which was the old times - whoops! In the end I waited for the bus and it did arrive - despite the timetables and the office saying it wouldn't!
 

HST Power

Established Member
Joined
25 Nov 2010
Messages
3,704
We'd better be careful here. This could descend into yet another political thread! ;)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top