Today I had difficulty calling an 01920 number from my EE Samsung mobile phone, picked from Google Contacts. I had entered the number into Google Contacts on a Windows laptop. The 'answer' to the call was EE telling me I had reached my chargeable calls limit, which is zero*. EE eventually diagnosed this as something fouled up in the Google Contacts system, calling a corrupt version of the number. The call worked fine with the number entered manually. I have stared at the contact for typos, none found. It was too soon after the event for the actual number tried to have made it into the logs EE could see. Has anybody else had similar problems with Google Contacts ?
One red herring was EE asserting that companies can make their specific 01 geographic numbers chargeable Is there any truth to this ?
* My plan is unlimited for UK geographic numbers.
One red herring was EE asserting that companies can make their specific 01 geographic numbers chargeable Is there any truth to this ?
* My plan is unlimited for UK geographic numbers.