I've experienced something I've never come across before.
Advised this morning that 17:32 Avanti train from Chester to Euston direct was cancelled and to get the next Avanti service. No later trains so got the 16:32 train direct.
The conductor looked at my ticket and said the train is still running but starting in Crewe so you'll need to get off at Crewe and change onto the other train as I had an advance ticket.
I was a bit taken aback at that, I've been inconvenienced by rearranging work at last minute to leave an hour earlier to then be told I need to wait for an hour at Crewe station to get my train.
Avanti customer services have said I had a direct ticket to London so I should have stayed on the 16:32 direct service which was the next available one Avanti had from Chester.
Has anybody come across this before or know the rules?
I would say as well the train I was on and the my original train were completely dead with 10 carriages with only one stop at Stafford so overcrowding wasn't even an issue.
Advised this morning that 17:32 Avanti train from Chester to Euston direct was cancelled and to get the next Avanti service. No later trains so got the 16:32 train direct.
The conductor looked at my ticket and said the train is still running but starting in Crewe so you'll need to get off at Crewe and change onto the other train as I had an advance ticket.
I was a bit taken aback at that, I've been inconvenienced by rearranging work at last minute to leave an hour earlier to then be told I need to wait for an hour at Crewe station to get my train.
Avanti customer services have said I had a direct ticket to London so I should have stayed on the 16:32 direct service which was the next available one Avanti had from Chester.
Has anybody come across this before or know the rules?
I would say as well the train I was on and the my original train were completely dead with 10 carriages with only one stop at Stafford so overcrowding wasn't even an issue.