• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
30 Jun 2009
Messages
1,133
Location
Nottinghamshire
Is it possible to get any kind of refund on advanced tickets? I am only looking at worst case here, but should we decide to cancel our trip to Inverness in a couple of weeks, what with the weather were having at the minute, What are my options? Like I say, its a worst case scenario but would like to know where I stand.

Cheers.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DaveNewcastle

Established Member
Joined
21 Dec 2007
Messages
7,387
Location
Newcastle (unless I'm out)
You'll probably find all the answers you need on this thread which has been quite busy since it began only yesterday.

Despite the snow, services to / from Inverness have been running okay but with some expected delays. You can follow those here.

If your travel to Inverness is for pleasure rather than business, then I'd like to suggest that it can be at its most scenic in snowy conditions rather than the dull grey mist and drizzle which can be so frequent in the Highlands during autumn!
 
Last edited:

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
9 Aug 2009
Messages
15,268
Location
Llanelli
I've been up to inverness a few time sin February in the snow, and it is really lovely. They seem quite used to snow up there, which isn't really that surprising and there is no sign of the mass panic that seems to affect people in the south, who immediately rush out and buy 10 loaves of bread in case they get snowed in!
 
Joined
30 Jun 2009
Messages
1,133
Location
Nottinghamshire
You'll probably find all the answers you need on this thread which has been quite busy since it began only yesterday.

Despite the snow, services to / from Inverness have been running okay but with some expected delays. You can follow those here.

If your travel to Inverness is for pleasure rather than business, then I'd like to suggest that it can be at its most scenic in snowy conditions rather than the dull grey mist and drizzle which can be so frequent in the Highlands during autumn!

We visit a couple of times a year and love the snow, makes the beautiful scenery that bit better up there, but my reason for asking is that my partner will be 15 weeks pregnant by the time we go, so if its looking like being pretty bad up there then there is a slight chance we may have to cancel.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I've been up to inverness a few time sin February in the snow, and it is really lovely. They seem quite used to snow up there, which isn't really that surprising and there is no sign of the mass panic that seems to affect people in the south, who immediately rush out and buy 10 loaves of bread in case they get snowed in!

I know what you mean, the council up in Inverness are very good, pavements as well as roads around the city centre are cleared and gritted, so not overly worried about that to much.
 

scotsman

Established Member
Joined
6 Jul 2010
Messages
3,252
I was in Inverness yesterday and I'm now going to have to argue my case that it was ScotRail's fault that I was delayed for over 2 and a half hours because:

1 - I missed my connection at Perth because of a train fault (pass comm failed, sack over coupler did not appear to be correctly fitted, allowing snow to short circuit some electrics)

2 - There was no driver available to take the 1800 PTH-EDB (ScotRail will say that this was because of snow, however I disagree - it is ScotRail did not cancel the train because of snow, but because of a lack of crew)
 

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,529
Location
Yorkshire
The terms of Advance tickets say no refunds.

If you choose not to travel and the train runs on time, you have no case.

If you choose not to travel and the train is cancelled/substantially delayed then you can choose not to travel and obtain a refund.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top