Hi
In the tickets and fares guide it says the following...
9.7.2 Refunds due to Disruption
If your journey is disrupted and you choose not to travel, you can obtain a refund with no administration fee if you surrender your ticket to any Train Company's ticket office at that time
Does anyone know the source of this statement? Due to the snow I was unable to travel yesterday. My tickets (day travelcards) were purchased from c2c; according to the statement above I should be able to get a refund from any UK station, but I have been told by GWR that they can only refund tickets sold by them.
The NRCoC seems to suggest that GWR is correct, and they need to go back to c2c for a refund, but that would imply the ticketing guide is incorrect (which seems unlikely!).
Any help much appreciated!
In the tickets and fares guide it says the following...
9.7.2 Refunds due to Disruption
If your journey is disrupted and you choose not to travel, you can obtain a refund with no administration fee if you surrender your ticket to any Train Company's ticket office at that time
Does anyone know the source of this statement? Due to the snow I was unable to travel yesterday. My tickets (day travelcards) were purchased from c2c; according to the statement above I should be able to get a refund from any UK station, but I have been told by GWR that they can only refund tickets sold by them.
The NRCoC seems to suggest that GWR is correct, and they need to go back to c2c for a refund, but that would imply the ticketing guide is incorrect (which seems unlikely!).
Any help much appreciated!