anamyd
Established Member
- Joined
- 17 Aug 2018
- Messages
- 3,038
I'm just wondering, with Diesel multiple units (DMUs) that consist of two or more vehicles of course having multiple engines, are the engines refuelled one-by-one, or simultaneously?
For example, the longest DMUs in Britain to my knowledge are the four 7-car 222s. With those, is there one person going along refuelling all 7 engines one-by-one (seems like that would be very time-consuming, but maybe that's just the work involved?) or are there 7 fuel pumps and 7 people, refuelling all the engines simultaneously? (I can't imagine that there are, seems unlikely).
For example, the longest DMUs in Britain to my knowledge are the four 7-car 222s. With those, is there one person going along refuelling all 7 engines one-by-one (seems like that would be very time-consuming, but maybe that's just the work involved?) or are there 7 fuel pumps and 7 people, refuelling all the engines simultaneously? (I can't imagine that there are, seems unlikely).

