• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Redspottedhanky -Problems collecting multiple journey tickets from machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveNewcastle

Established Member
Joined
21 Dec 2007
Messages
7,387
Location
Newcastle (unless I'm out)
Anyone know if this is sorted? I have a multi-journey booking on EC that I want to pick up, but I'd rather not if there's going to be a load of palaver.
Sorry. no, I don't know.
I am informed that ATOS have attempted to fix this problem three times now, but for reasons best known to IT hacks, either ATOS's software appears not to be logical, consistent, repeatable nor predictable, or else their software fixes are inadequately specified, tested or implemented.
All three attempts failed.

I also understand that ATOS's highly trained IT specialists' have switched strategy. Their new approach is, technically, extremely complex : they blame the original software developers. We shouldn't be surprised if the Company now proposes to render an additional charge to their contractee for this innovative new strategy.

There have been more updates applied to their WebTIS since then - perhaps one of them has worked as intended - how could we tell? The software user is now the software tester and the passage of time is the means to software accreditation.

If the Company had any sense of transparency, accountability and customer service, then they'd be delighted to tell us when they'd fixed it. But they don't, so they wont. That's how they prefer to work. Secretiveness is Company policy.

FWIW. I have been successful in collecting all the ticket coupons for all the multiple journeys I have been buying routinely through the East Coast interface but that highly limited experience is no indicator of the system's consistency.
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

island

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Dec 2010
Messages
17,913
Location
0036
For what it's worth I collected the two-journey booking today at KGX with no issues.
 

CaptainHaddock

Established Member
Joined
10 Feb 2011
Messages
2,725
Any more news on if this problem has been rectified? Had problems in the past with multiple tickets booked through redspottedhanky and don't really want to book with them again until I know all my ticketd will print!
 

paulypaul

Member
Joined
6 Aug 2012
Messages
125
Last week, I booked return rail tickets with 2 Plusbus tickets, on the same order, online with Redspottedhanky. When I collected the tickets at the TVM, it only printed the return rail tickets and not the Plusbus tickets. When I asked at the ticket desk they said that they could see that the rail tickets had been collected, but not the Plusbus tickets on the order, so the clerk kindly printed them off for me.
 

General Zod

Member
Joined
5 Jan 2008
Messages
590
The original thread was started in Sept 2012 and was closed :

http://www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=71481

If it is of any interest to peeps the problem still persists.

Yesterday I booked two journeys :

Journey 1 - A to B return (two advance singles)
Journey 2 - C to D return (two advance singles).

Both these journeys had been in my "saved journeys" . All went smoothly and I was given two booking codes, one for each journey. Upon attempting to collect the tickets from my local station TVM only the return leg tickets of each journey were printed i.e. tickets B - A and D - C. On inputting both booking codes I got the dreaded TOD error. The ticket clerk suggested that I contact RSH. After a polite chat on the phone RSH emailed me a "Declaration of Non-Receipt" form to complete in order for them to evaluate my claim. As stated in one of the previous thread to the original post the emphasis is still on the customer to chase up the error and there is a possible wait period of several days before your correct tickets may be issued. Luckily my journey is not till early May but if I had to travel on the day then I think I would have no option but to but a new set of tickets, more than likely at a higher cost. Where would RSH stand on this ? Would they reimburse me for the cost of the new tickets ? Errors like this would definitely not inspire me with confidence if I was booking tickets to collect and travel on the same or next day.


Regards,
Z
 
Last edited:

Lrd

Established Member
Joined
26 Jul 2010
Messages
3,018
I have had major problems in collecting tickets purchased with either RSH or East Coast. Most recently, I was going up to Leeds for the day from Southampton, went a few weeks ahead of travelling to collect my tickets, using the specialist TOD machine, it only printed one leg of the return journey (two advances).

After various emails with East Coast, they sent me a "Declaration of Non-Receipt", which I filled in but because it had taken so long then couldn't allow me to pick them up from a machine, so I had to go the travel centre at Kings Cross on the day of travel and speak to a member of staff. Which I did, the clerk couldn't print the tickets because they were still "locked", he tried to phone the "reservations centre" but they don't open till 9am(ish) on a Saturday and I had a train to catch, he told me to go Leeds (already had the outward ticket) and he would phone both Leeds station and the "reservations centre" to get it sorted.

I arrive at Leeds and go to the travel centre/East Coast first class lounge where the clerk still couldn't print the tickets, tried phoning the "reservations centre" but got no reply and ended up writing me a paper excess ticket to allow me to travel home.

A simple journey to Leeds was a nightmare tickets wise. I think it had something to do with using a £10 off voucher as I have had problems in collecting discounted tickets before from both RSH and East Coast.
 

Romilly

Established Member
Joined
5 Nov 2013
Messages
1,712
A couple of weeks ago, I made a single booking through the East Coast website covering four separate journeys. I have made similar bookings many times before without any problems. But on this occasion, I paid partly with an East Coast e-voucher and partly by credit card. When I went to retrieve the tickets a few days later, the machine produced the tickets for the first of the four journeys but then stopped: the error message was that the card I had inserted for ID purposes wasn't the card that had been used for the transaction (whereas it undoubtedly was). Fortunately, I was able to get the remaining tickets printed off the next time I was at an East Coast ticket office.

I get the impression that mixed payment methods have a record of causing collection difficulties.
 

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,465
Anything involving part-payment with points/e-vouchers appear to cause frequent problems if there are multiple tickets in the booking.

Same for redspottedhanky.
 

General Zod

Member
Joined
5 Jan 2008
Messages
590
Thanks all.
The tickets were part-paid with e-vouchers and therein lies the problem I guess. I've never had a problem with RSH before so how long does it usually take them to issue you with a new booking code in order to facilitate collection of your tickets ?

cheers,
z
 

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,465
I have never needed to have a new code issued. I have always managed to get the ticket office to print out the remainder of the tickets. YMMV
 

Starmill

Veteran Member
Joined
18 May 2012
Messages
27,311
Location
Bolton
I had perhaps this problem collecting tickets last month paid for partially with the EC £10 credit they did last year. All machines were rejecting the card saying it wasn't the one I'd used to pay for the tickets in the booking I'd entered. So I went back when the East Coast place at Leeds was open and they issued my outward Advance straight away, but it took ages for them to even find the return on. I did get it in the end though.
 

Keri Janr

New Member
Joined
29 Mar 2014
Messages
1
I have had a similar problem but with tickets being sent to me. I ordered tickets a week ago for travelling one day and returning the next. When the tickets arrived only the ones for the first day (day going) were there. I called there customer help desk who really werent helpful at all. All they said was i had to return return the tickets i had in order for a refund and they could not just send me the ones that were missing even though i had paid for them. My email confirmation showed train travel one day return the next. I would never use them again as they were only not very unhelpful and unsympathetic but the suprervisor got quite irate with me when i told him " i dont want a refund i just want the missing tickets". Tickets have now been returned but am being told i have to wait for up to 28 days for a refund. The tickets cost just under £100 and so this means as i need to travel next weekend i am going to have to pay out twice before i get my money back. Abosolutley appalled!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top