• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Redhill to London commute advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamieb73

New Member
Joined
20 Oct 2015
Messages
4
Hi there

I am due to move down to Reigate next month. However the recent news of rail services being closed by Southern, how are the services from Redhill to London in the morning please? I was hoping to get the 07.11am train. How reliable is it and will I get a seat please?

Grateful for any feedback

Jamie
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

greaterwest

Established Member
Joined
23 Nov 2014
Messages
1,615
Given the current situation with Southern, you're probably best braving a GWR service to Dorking or Guildford and using SWT services.
 

londonboi

On Moderation
Joined
28 Dec 2010
Messages
460
Hi there

I am due to move down to Reigate next month. However the recent news of rail services being closed by Southern, how are the services from Redhill to London in the morning please? I was hoping to get the 07.11am train. How reliable is it and will I get a seat please?

Grateful for any feedback

Jamie

At present no can can honestly say how reliable a service is sometimes certain trains run other days they don't giving the current situation I use Purley station and it's like a lottery every day give yourself extra time and when you wake up check live train running but don't use a trai as close to your start time at present until the current dispute is resolved as you may end up late for work I would give yourself plenty of time at present
 

neilm

Member
Joined
3 Jan 2012
Messages
501
Hi there

I am due to move down to Reigate next month. However the recent news of rail services being closed by Southern, how are the services from Redhill to London in the morning please? I was hoping to get the 07.11am train. How reliable is it and will I get a seat please?

Grateful for any feedback

Jamie
Not reliable at all I am sorry to say, do check the new timetable next week though to see which trains are running, hopefully it will improve....
 

Quakkerillo

Member
Joined
23 Jan 2015
Messages
553
Isn't the 07:11 a Thameslink service though? I thought that these - compared to Southern - should have less issues, if I understood all the things I've read on this forum well enough.
 

GodAtum

On Moderation
Joined
11 Dec 2009
Messages
2,684
Hi there

I am due to move down to Reigate next month. However the recent news of rail services being closed by Southern, how are the services from Redhill to London in the morning please? I was hoping to get the 07.11am train. How reliable is it and will I get a seat please?

Grateful for any feedback

Jamie

I would say move somewhere else I'm afraid.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top