• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Red Pen 2015 - your new haulages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,839
Location
Nowhere Heath
Maybe use the day before to use a GE to do Liverpool if nowt else?

You've also got the following weekend to do a GE don't forget!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

noddy1878

Established Member
Joined
23 Jun 2010
Messages
1,473
Location
Plymouth
Congrats Noddy on completing the Heathrow Expresses, festering around Heathrow or was it a case of seeing a required 332 at Paddington and paying up for a quick 332 blast?

Thanks. I got lucky to be honest. This was my third stint at Heathrow after my second stint didn't work out. I got there and fell onto them one after another. But I didn't do what TEW suggested and go into and out of T5 on the same sets. I literally went in and waited for the next set and then back. I picked all three up one after another. I did do the Piccadilly in and then back out. There is no way I was paying the HEx fare for such a short distance.
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,839
Location
Nowhere Heath
Shame they don't do that Meet and Greet day return any more, that was a fantastic idea and I used it once just to do the track. Well, and to enjoy a high speed 332 run (this was well, well before I logged my journeys properly! Certainly a good while before T5 was opened that's for sure!) down the GWML of course.

*Adds 332 leaps to the seemingly endless list of things to do on the next London bash*
 

Kite159

Veteran Member
Joined
27 Jan 2014
Messages
22,846
Location
West of Andover
I'm on a Thames branches rover in a couple weeks time, so I might go down to Heathrow during the day, might even pay the premium to do the full run from Paddington to Heathrow on a 332 (just to experience it).
 

Ellss

Member
Joined
31 Mar 2015
Messages
21
30/3/15 -

156510
170396
170450
314211
314215
318256
318262
318265
318268
320309
320320
334005
334011
334017
334029
334037
334039
380006
380016
380111
380112
 

12CSVT

Established Member
Joined
18 Aug 2010
Messages
2,611
My new haulages in March

Locomotives
Class 66 - 66019, 66177, 66733
Class 68 - 68011, 68012
Industrial shunters - 10159 (Sentinel 0-4-0 DM), 72222 (Vulcan 0-4-0 DM) both at Rushden Transport Museum

EMU
Class 350 - 350368, 350370
Class 387 - 387124, 387125, 387126, 387127
Class 390 - 390153 (as an 11 car. Now had all the extended 390/1s both as 9 car and 11 car)

London Underground
S7 stock - 21439+21440, 21445+21446

Light Rail
Blackpool - 008
Edinburgh - 260, 268, 276, 277
Nottingham - 217, 218, 219, 220, 221
West Midlands - 20, 21, 22, 23, 26, 27
Thats all the Blackpool Flexities and Edinburgh trams cleared for haulage.
 
Last edited:

andyb2706

Member
Joined
21 Jan 2013
Messages
747
Location
Manchester
30th March
3066 (Metrolink)
3072 (Metrolink)
3088 (Metrolink)
3093 (Metrolink)
3096 (Metrolink)
156471
175113
390045
390129

31st March
43302
91130
144020
158795
158797
158844
185105
185124
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,839
Location
Nowhere Heath
12CSVT: Well done on clearing the Blackpool Flexity trams, how many are in use on an average day? I still haven't been up there to do the line let alone the trams, but planning a visit soon and would be nice to know how many I could potentially get in one day.

Looks like a lot of us have been busy lately! I'm still hoping to beat my total of winners from last year, doing well so far but a long way to go yet!
 

TEW

Established Member
Joined
16 May 2008
Messages
6,228
31st March
313049
313064
313123
332005
332008
332009
332013
387119
387122
387123
387124
387125
387126

Total(YTD):121

Inspired by all the talk of 332s on here I went down to Heathrow for a couple of hours and have now cleared the entire fleet. A couple of hours in the evening peak produced the last three 313s I required for haulage too (except the NR unit). 6 more 387s means I need just 8 /1s now too. All in all a very successful day.
 

FQ

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
4 Oct 2013
Messages
6,645
Location
-
1/4/15
172342

ytd: 140
 

55013

Established Member
Joined
4 Sep 2005
Messages
1,577
Location
Yorkshire
Well, I had a mammoth score-fest in London the other day.
Here are all the winners:

313025
313032
313039
313046
313047
313049
313052
313053
313057
313122
313134

319002
319003
319004
319005
319220
319371
319433
319437

321412
321415

365533

377208
377211
377410
377468
377469
377503

378139
378148
378150
378202

387115
387117

442407
442419
442424

450072
450074
450123
450127

455901

458530
458532
458534
458536

A grand total of 46.
Not too shabby.
Mind you, I need so many EMUs that scoring winning ones in London is like shooting fish in a barrel :)
 

12CSVT

Established Member
Joined
18 Aug 2010
Messages
2,611
12CSVT: Well done on clearing the Blackpool Flexity trams, how many are in use on an average day? I still haven't been up there to do the line let alone the trams, but planning a visit soon and would be nice to know how many I could potentially get in one day.

Looks like a lot of us have been busy lately! I'm still hoping to beat my total of winners from last year, doing well so far but a long way to go yet!

From what I could see, 8 are in service on any one day this time of year (15 minute frequency) but more are in use during summer and illuminations.
 

hassaanhc

Established Member
Joined
5 Jan 2014
Messages
2,225
Location
Southall
There's also the risk of getting the same one you've had before if you do it at weekends. I've had that before sadly, shall have to get down there next time and have more of a clearout. Last time I did Heathrow it was for planespotting so not exactly doing HEx.

Worth pointing out, now I've remembered it, that you can also get to Heathrow from Feltham, using what I believe is the 265 bus from Feltham station. About a 20 minute trip I think, certainly better than sufffering the Piccadilly line!

I reckon I could spend a full week in London and still need a lot!

285, not 265! :P That is for Heathrow Central, if going to T4 or T5 then it is the 490. The Piccadilly Line is best avoided for anything more than 10-15 mins, I find it slow and tedious.
Another alternative for Heathrow is a 360 or Turbo to Hayes & Harlington then the 140. Or from Southall you can get the 105 for Central or 482 for T4 and T5.
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,839
Location
Nowhere Heath
12CSVT:2126740 said:
12CSVT: Well done on clearing the Blackpool Flexity trams, how many are in use on an average day? I still haven't been up there to do the line let alone the trams, but planning a visit soon and would be nice to know how many I could potentially get in one day.

Looks like a lot of us have been busy lately! I'm still hoping to beat my total of winners from last year, doing well so far but a long way to go yet!

From what I could see, 8 are in service on any one day this time of year (15 minute frequency) but more are in use during summer and illuminations.

Thanks, not too bad that then. Hopefully I'll be booking myself a trip up to Blackpool soon and know I can clear quite a few trams :)

55013: Wow! That's a most impressive list!

Hassan: Thanks for the bus gen, it has been at least 3 years since I did Heathrow by local bus! Some interesting ideas there for alternatives to Heathrow, must remember those.
 
Last edited:

andyb2706

Member
Joined
21 Jan 2013
Messages
747
Location
Manchester
Well, I had a mammoth score-fest in London the other day.

A grand total of 46.
Not too shabby.
Mind you, I need so many EMUs that scoring winning ones in London is like shooting fish in a barrel :)

Wow!! What a day you had. I'm in the same boat as you with the EMU's down that neck of the wood. Your list has inspired me for my next trip :)

1st April
139001
158829
158837
170635
172212
172343
221110
323204
323213
323215
350119
350244
350250
350262
390122

My trip reports for the last 3 days will appear in my trip report thread in the next few days I hope :)
 

jnjkerbin

Member
Joined
25 Apr 2012
Messages
842
Location
Down south
So, Red Pen for March then...

375601 - Last 375/6 leaving only 6 375/3s to get before clearing the entire class.
466027 - Last 466 and last Southeastern networker
319375
319451

Not a great month but will be going on a trip to Somerset to see family and a Daysave which I'll do a trip report for so that should boost things a bit.
 

FQ

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
4 Oct 2013
Messages
6,645
Location
-
2/4/15
68008
68015

ytd: 142
 
Last edited:

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,839
Location
Nowhere Heath
jnjkerbin:2127825 said:
So, Red Pen for March then...

375601 - Last 375/6 leaving only 6 375/3s to get before clearing the entire class.
466027 - Last 466 and last Southeastern networker
319375
319451

Not a great month but will be going on a trip to Somerset to see family and a Daysave which I'll do a trip report for so that should boost things a bit.

Well done on clearing your SET Networkers!

Looking forward to the trip report, I love DaySave bashes!
 

FQ

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
4 Oct 2013
Messages
6,645
Location
-
3/4/15
170635
323206

ytd: 144
 
Last edited:

FQ

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
4 Oct 2013
Messages
6,645
Location
-
4/4/15
168108 :D My last 168!
68010

YTD: 146
 
Last edited:

Ellss

Member
Joined
31 Mar 2015
Messages
21
03Apr15

68004
170395
170420
170425
170461
170476
334007
380113


04Apr15

43206
43277
43295
43306
43311
43320
158723
170473
334003
334017
334023
334032
334037
334039
380101
380113

Edinburgh Tram
253
255
259
262
276
 

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,467
Techniquest will like this below.

Red Pen 3/4

156404

Red Pen 4/4

43468 (last one, finally)
37674

YTD: 133
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,839
Location
Nowhere Heath
I'm not quite sure I follow :oops:

How did you score 37674?! Also well done on getting your last GC power car in, or if it was your last HST power car full stop, my jealous congratulations!
 

samuelmorris

Established Member
Joined
18 Jul 2013
Messages
5,121
Location
Brentwood, Essex
Lots of red pen overdue, heavy workload has prevented me from updating - I know for sure I bagged some winners this week though, so hoping to use some of the bank holiday to catch up :) - Scored a small number of 387s, possibly a couple of 377/6s and at least one or two 321s as well as a few 315s, probably some more S stock on there too, but really, where do you start with all the electrostars... :D
 

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,467
I'm not quite sure I follow :oops:

How did you score 37674?! Also well done on getting your last GC power car in, or if it was your last HST power car full stop, my jealous congratulations!

37674 is on the shuttle from Northallerton West at Wensleydale. Doesn't count towards YTD total though but good to have it in the book nonetheless.

That was the last HST power car overall, also the last required number from the GC fleet.

See. I did say you would like it. :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top