• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Red Pen 2015 - your new haulages

Status
Not open for further replies.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,470
Red Pen 11/2/15

319421
387116
375302
375307
319442
395016
395025
387113
387119
387109
387106
321401
377152
387107
387121
465917
378204

YTD: 83

Would have taken that at the start of the day.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Joined
29 May 2011
Messages
23,398
Edinburgh trams
263
276
Takes me to 19 from the 27

Northern Ireland
3001
Completes the 3000 and 4000 fleets for haulage

Irish Rail
22220
22227
22238
29115
29118
8629
8639

Luas Trams
3013
4013

London Underground
21405/21406

Chiltern
68015
 

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,470
A rather good haul there bb21!

Aye. That's it for all the 319s still remaining south.

Just to show me how I was meant to get them. I had 319421 twice (both unexpectedly - I had gen but was only planning on getting it midday), the first train after arriving into London and the last train before leaving.
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,843
Location
Nowhere Heath
Nicely done, you'll be off to Liverpool and Manchester in May I reckon to finish them off!

Hoping to bump up my scores with some 350s in a couple of weeks, although equally I'll be very happy to get my LM 321s finished. Another 11 days to go yet, I should actually get on and look up hotels...
 

FQ

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
4 Oct 2013
Messages
6,645
Location
-
Nicely done, you'll be off to Liverpool and Manchester in May I reckon to finish them off!

Hoping to bump up my scores with some 350s in a couple of weeks, although equally I'll be very happy to get my LM 321s finished. Another 11 days to go yet, I should actually get on and look up hotels...

Where are you going?

Do you still need may TPE 350s?
 

Kite159

Veteran Member
Joined
27 Jan 2014
Messages
22,858
Location
West of Andover
Probably the best if you want to score those 350/4s is on a Greater Manchester Rail Rover, between Man Pic/Man Oxford & Wigan NW, although on a weekday it has the evening peak restriction (avoided with the Wayfarer which gives access to the tram network as well).

My plan for Saturday is to have a Pacer overload in South Wales :)
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,843
Location
Nowhere Heath
I'll be going for the 350/4s as part of a shack scratching mission up that way :)

Hope it's a good trip in South Wales for you!
 

Kite159

Veteran Member
Joined
27 Jan 2014
Messages
22,858
Location
West of Andover
Red pen 14/2/15:

142010; 142069; 142072; 142073; 142074; 142076; 142083;142085
143604; 143610
150213; 150227; 150235; 150242; 150245; 150250; 150251; 150253; 150255; 150258; 150262; 150267
153362
158822
175001; 175108

43092; 43155

The "Arriva Train Wales Valley Lines Random DMU Generator" (also known as the ATWVLRDMUG [doesn't have the same ring as the NRDMUG]) was kind in giving quite a few 150s. Remaining ATW units: 4 x 142s, 5 x 143s, 8 x150s, 4 x 153s, 6 x 158s, 13 x 175s.
 
Last edited:

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,470
Red Pen 14/2/15

375915
378203
378546
365513
170306
142067
142092
158797
142041

YTD: 92

That leaves me with just one 170 and one unextended Capitalstar to go, and 158797 was my final Northern 158.
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,843
Location
Nowhere Heath

*Raises eyebrow*

When did the 378s get renumbered?

That leaves me with just one 170 and one unextended Capitalstar to go, and 158797 was my final Northern 158.

Well done on the Northern 158s, I've around 6 to go IIRC. 1 170, out of the entire lot across the entire country? If so then very much well done on getting down to just 1 more, too many to count for me!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
The "Arriva Train Wales Valley Lines Random DMU Generator" (also known as the ATWVLRDMUG [doesn't have the same ring as the NRDMUG]) was kind in giving quite a few 150s. Remaining ATW units: 4 x 142s, 5 x 143s, 8 x150s, 4 x 153s, 6 x 158s, 13 x 175s.

Not a bad haul whatsoever, you clearly needed quite a bit with ATW!

ARDMUG (Arriva Random DMU Generator) sounds even better ;)
 

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,470
*Raises eyebrow*

When did the 378s get renumbered?

Haha that is my way of shorthanding 378146/5. All extended Capitalstars will be written like that. Annoyingly with the extension program, all units will have to be done again.

I do this to modified units (which had additional carriages inserted) to keep the notes in consistent format. Other examples include 220907, and the "fake" S8s (21905, 21923, etc), to name two.

Well done on the Northern 158s, I've around 6 to go IIRC. 1 170, out of the entire lot across the entire country? If so then very much well done on getting down to just 1 more, too many to count for me!

That final Northern 158 took a good few years to get tbh. I have always only seen it on the Yorkshire coast so assumed that it remained there. It was pure luck I found it yesterday on the Sheffield - Leeds circuit.

The 170 is indeed the last one of the whole lot. I completed /1s in March 2013, /2s in October 2013, /4s in November last year, and both /5s and /6s in December.
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,843
Location
Nowhere Heath
Haha that is my way of shorthanding 378146/5. All extended Capitalstars will be written like that.

I do this to modified units (which had additional carriages inserted) to keep the notes in consistent format. Other examples include 220907, and the "fake" S8s (21905, 21923, etc), to name two.

Ahhhh, a bit like I was doing for a brief period with re-engine'd FGW HST power cars, adding 200 to the number to indicate it was a MTU'd machine. Didn't carry that on for long fortunately.

That final Northern 158 took a good few years to get tbh. I have always only seen it on the Yorkshire coast so assumed that it remained there. It was pure luck I found it yesterday on the Sheffield - Leeds circuit.

The 170 is indeed the last one of the whole lot. I completed /1s in March 2013, /2s in October 2013, /4s in November last year, and both /5s and /6s in December.

Know how you feel with the 158, it took me many years to get my last 2 221s. Very nice that it happened to be in the right place, right time for you!

Incredibly good going then with the 170s, I need 26 of them (across the /2, /3 and /4 sub-classes) and hoping to change that later this year. Too many things to aim for to guarantee getting that done yet!
 

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,470
The Scottish 170s are likely to be a pain and I suspect that by the time you get down to the last few (four is usually my threshold in a "big" sub-class/pool), some gen would go a long way. Gonna be lots of boring Waverley - Haymarket leaps though.
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,843
Location
Nowhere Heath
The Scottish 170s are likely to be a pain and I suspect that by the time you get down to the last few (four is usually my threshold in a "big" class), some gen would go a long way. Gonna be lots of boring Waverley - Haymarket leaps though.

True, but that's not something I've got to be concerned with this year (I doubt I'll be getting to my last 5 ScotRail 170s before 2017 to be honest), and they're going to be about for quite some time yet. It's more my ScotRail 158s, particularly the Inverness lot, that will take some doing. Again, not something to be concerned with for a while at least :)
 

FQ

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
4 Oct 2013
Messages
6,645
Location
-
Sat 14th Feb

390118
170504
390044
507023
508114
507033
508143
170110
350123
 
Last edited:

Kite159

Veteran Member
Joined
27 Jan 2014
Messages
22,858
Location
West of Andover
Sunday 15th Feb:
313026
315807
317883 (first GA 317/8)
365533
375803
377116; 377418
378135; 378136; 378138; 378141; 378145; 378146; 378147; 378148; 378149; 378154; 378205; 378206 (just 378153 to get from the 378/1s, I'm assume it's currently getting it's shiny 5th car added atm)
379001; 379011
444003
450025; 450096; 450559
465161; 465177
 

Wolvercoter

Member
Joined
29 Sep 2010
Messages
613
Location
Exeter, Devon
17/01/2015 - 158833, 168108, 172213, 172214, 172220, 172222.
31/01/2015 - 142083.
12/02/2015 - 455919.
13/02/2015 - 153364, 319370, 319426, 319440, 350116, 350130, 377510, 377516, 377522, 387107, 387118.
14/02/2015 - 319003.

Not a bad start to the year for me!
 

CC 72100

Established Member
Joined
23 Jan 2012
Messages
3,852
It's been an unexpectedly good start to the year for me:

Thursday 1st January
323219
323214

Monday 12th January
165116 (first 165/1)

Tuesday 13th January
165109

Monday 2nd February
150263

Sunday 8th February
159005
159011

Monday 9th February
150202

Sunday 15th February
43153 :D:D

One of the regular trains that I use being a 150 as opposed to a 143 had been beneficial in getting more lines in the book, but the stand out one for me on that list is 43153 yesterday - even if I was stood on the train it was working for an hour and a half to do 3/4 mile (it was the one which didn't make it up the hill between Exeter St Davids and Central!)

It therefore means that 43149 is now my only required FGW power car, so the hunt for that begins ;)
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,843
Location
Nowhere Heath
Well done on getting down to your last FGW HST power car, even though the penultimate one was in rather unusual circumstances! Certainly seems bizarre to hear of an HST unable to make it up the hill!

Hopefully this time in 7 days I'll be posting a decent length list of winners from #operationdesiro :D
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,843
Location
Nowhere Heath
Kite159:2081120 said:
Shanghai metro
1205
1206

First and possibly last time ever that the Shanghai Metro will be mentioned on Red Pen threads! Certainly can't imagine many of us getting those in the book!
 

43074

Established Member
Joined
10 Oct 2012
Messages
2,253
18/02/2015
315837
315852
321413
321414
350104
350105
350121
350124
350370
350375
377122
377124
377612
377613
387109
387121
395022
455702
455919
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top