• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Red Pen 2015 - your new haulages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,843
Location
Nowhere Heath
WOW! That was a good haul there! My list for today so far is, well, not worth posting yet! On one hand I've done well, on the other I've done very poorly. All will be revealed soon, but I've just had a celebratory bottle of cider so it hasn't been too bad a day I suppose!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,470
WOW! That was a good haul there! My list for today so far is, well, not worth posting yet! On one hand I've done well, on the other I've done very poorly. All will be revealed soon, but I've just had a celebratory bottle of cider so it hasn't been too bad a day I suppose!

West Mids Daytripper??

Scored any new tram yet?
 

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,470
Twitter? :shock:

I only use them for speaking to TOCs.

Well, I look forward to your trip report.
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,843
Location
Nowhere Heath
bb21:2063969 said:
Twitter? :shock:

I only use them for speaking to TOCs.

Well, I look forward to your trip report.

I love Twitter personally!

Trip report will be up eventually, got it written up to date so far in my notebook at least.

My list of my latest winners will be posted on Thursday I suspect, I actually have a better list now than this time yesterday!
 

FQ

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
4 Oct 2013
Messages
6,645
Location
-
3 hours this morning got me a fair few winners. Trip was Milton Keynes-Tring-Watford Junction-Hemel Hampstead-Watford Junction-Berkhampstead-Leighton Buzzard-Bletchley-Milton Keynes.

03/02/15
377705
321412
321415
377204
377704
350114
377706
 

33056

Established Member
Joined
12 Nov 2007
Messages
2,424
Location
On a train somewhere in Europe
Just back from another trip with an eclectic selection of winners from Austria, Czech Republic and Germany including narrow and standard gauge, steam, diesel and electric and one Polish Loco now based in the Czech Republic. Total to date is 42 for the year but unlikely to increase greatly any time soon as I will be stuck in the UK for a few months.
 

55013

Established Member
Joined
4 Sep 2005
Messages
1,577
Location
Yorkshire
Me and 45135 had an afternoon jaunt to Kent yesterday, taking advantage of East Coasts £20 first class offer.
We did 91113 Leeds to Kings Cross, then 395006 from St Pancras to Gillingham, 395014 back and then home on 43277/43305.

The two 395s were both winners :)
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,843
Location
Nowhere Heath
Did you enjoy your experience on the 395s?

I guess it's time I got my list posted, as I haven't got to wait for Flickr to get on with it as the Internet here at home is misbehaving badly, so Flickr's not an option at the moment. Just when I was going to upload all my photos ready for the trip report...Here goes my list then:

2nd February 2015

LU Bakerloo line:

3246

375620

375706

375814

375911
375914
375919
375927

465927

Shack attack, in order of visit: Aylesford, New Hythe, Maidstone West, Beltring, East Farleigh and Yalding

3rd February 2015

375614

375823

377510

395007
395010
395023
395027

465172
465179

466024
466031

Shack attack, in order of visit: Kearsney, Sandwich, Martin Mill, Deal, Walmer, Hollingbourne, Lenham, Kemsing, Harrietsham, East Malling, Barming

4th February 2015

375301

375602
375624
375627

375714

375802
375803
375804
375810
375828
375830

395008
395009

465903
465917
465923
465926

466020

Shack attack, in order of visit: Bekesbourne, Minster, Sturry, Sandling, Westenhanger, Sheperds Well, Snowdown, Charing, Tunbridge Wells (this was my last one in the Kent Rover area to get! :D)

5th February 2015

LU District line:

7009
7036
7091
7110
7118
7125

LU SSL lines S7 half-sets:

21343
21344
21379
21380
21407
21408

LU SSL lines S8 half-sets:

21111
21112

Tyne and Wear Metro:

4004
4007
4014
4015
4018
4019
4023
4024
4025
4030
4053
4056
4059
4063
4065
4070
4082
4085
4087

Mainline trains:

375707

Shack attack, in order of visit: St James Park (London), Mansion House, Hebburn, Gateshead, Fawdon, Regent Centre, Kingston Park, Wansbeck Road, Callerton Parkway, Bank Foot, Simonside, Bede, Chichester (Tyneside), Tyne Dock

6th February 2015

Tyne and Wear Metro:

4006
4011
4013
4028
4047
4062
4068
4069
4073

Mainline trains:

91114

142015
142022
142064
142088
142089
142091
142094

185114

Shack attack, in order of visit: Jarrow, East Boldon, Brockley Whins, Seaburn, Fellgate, Stockton, Seaton Carew, Nunthorpe, Marton, James Cook, Gypsy Lane, Redcar East, Marske, Longbeck, Redcar British Steel (like Lympstone Commando, this is a very special exception to the rule. As long as the train calls there, it's counted, as there's no other way of doing such stations), South Bank, Redcar Central, Eaglescliffe, Yarm

7th February 2015

Tyne and Wear Metro:

4026
4031
4034
4077
4080

Shack attack, in order of visit: Four Lane Ends, Longbenton, Benton, Shiremoor, Palmersville

Total winners for 2015 thus far: 99 :D:D:D
 

FQ

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
4 Oct 2013
Messages
6,645
Location
-
Redcar British Steel (like Lympstone Commando, this is a very special exception to the rule. As long as the train calls there, it's counted, as there's no other way of doing such stations)

Wy can't you do those stations? With British Steel Redcar, there are 2 trains that stop, even though it is a VERY long wait and with Lympstone Commando, it isn't so long until a train comes along!
 

andyb2706

Member
Joined
21 Jan 2013
Messages
747
Location
Manchester
Wow Techniquest That was some trip. A little bit of red pen envy here as I've never done Tyne & Wear Metro. Think I must try and make that an aim for this year.

Although I have a busy year ahead with other things going on as I reach a milestone birthday and have a bucket list to do this year.

Just waiting for the beginning of next month when I knock one of them of, a trip on the Caledonian Sleeper with Monday spotting in London and Tuesday spotting in Glasgow. I will have to think about doing a trip report for this one.
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,843
Location
Nowhere Heath
andyb2706:2069944 said:
Wow Techniquest That was some trip. A little bit of red pen envy here as I've never done Tyne & Wear Metro. Think I must try and make that an aim for this year.

Although I have a busy year ahead with other things going on as I reach a milestone birthday and have a bucket list to do this year.

Just waiting for the beginning of next month when I knock one of them of, a trip on the Caledonian Sleeper with Monday spotting in London and Tuesday spotting in Glasgow. I will have to think about doing a trip report for this one.

Definitely worth a go, I certainly enjoyed it a lot. I'll be going back hopefully later this year, as I still need quite a few Metro units for haulage and a good number of stations on the system to go.

I had a landmark birthday last year and celebrated big time with a big bash, definitely makes it more enjoyable!

I shall look forward to the trip report!
 

43167

Member
Joined
18 Jan 2010
Messages
1,021
Location
Keighley
Red Pen dusted off this week after afew months of storage.

Monday. 150114

Saturday, all Man rams. 3016, 3042, 3053, 3061, 3070. 3072, 3090.

Sunday. 390154, then more trams. 3003, 3018, 3027, 3033, 3044
 

youngiecj

Member
Joined
26 Feb 2012
Messages
417
08/02/14

Nipped over for 20205 at Midland Rail Centre. 5 winning locos this year... Bonus was getting141113 in the book...
 

37038

Member
Joined
11 Apr 2014
Messages
701
06/02:
222011

08/02:
20048 20189 20205

Still needed 048 embarrassingly.... :P
 

noddy1878

Established Member
Joined
23 Jun 2010
Messages
1,473
Location
Plymouth
57306 last night between Penzance & Plymouth. Lucky I got it in. It failed a few hours later with a hot axle apparently.
 

TEW

Established Member
Joined
16 May 2008
Messages
6,228
7th February
43048
142071
158788
158806

Total(YTD):27

Now down to just 1 required EMT HST powercar.
 

FQ

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
4 Oct 2013
Messages
6,645
Location
-
Its been a while since I have done this, so here are the things I have had.
AGA - 4 (2x321, 2x90)
ATW - 21 (11x 150, 5x158, 10x175) Not including the 67s
C2C - 2 (2x357)
CR - 22 (3x165, 17x168, 2x172) Not including 67s or 68s.
XC - 16 (10x43, 6x170)
EC - (9x43, 1x91)
EMT - 24 (17x43, 3x153, 4x158)
ES - 0
FGW - 77 (77x43)
FHT - 0
TPE - 12 (2x170, 7x185, 3x350)
GC - 1 (1x43)
GN - 2 (2x365)
HC - 0
HE - 0
IL - 0
LM - 64 (1x139, 1x150, 1x153, 3x170, 17x172, 2x321, 10x323, 29x350)
LO - 6 (1x172, 5x378)
MR - 29 (18x507, 11x508)
NR - 11 (4x150, 7x156)
SR - 0
SWT - 10 (2x450, 5x455, 2x458, 1x444)
SE - 8 (1x395, 7x465)
SN - 15 (15x377)
TL - 9 (7x319, 2x377)
VT - 23 (23x390)

The stuff around London is going to be a lot harder to get because I am currently not allowed there on my own, but hopefully the stuff like NR, EMT and ATW will go up soon!
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,843
Location
Nowhere Heath
You've got a lot to get then!

55013: Aye, but then is it really worth seeing some of the, shall we say, less than pleasant parts of London at speed? There's not exactly much nice to see anyway!
 

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Joined
8 Apr 2010
Messages
17,855
Location
Oakham
Yeah, although it's a shame so much of the fast running is in tunnels.
It would be nice to see North London flying past.

Next time, I would suggest doing St Pancras to Ashford and back. Nice long stretch flat out between Ebbsfleet and Ashford.
 

55013

Established Member
Joined
4 Sep 2005
Messages
1,577
Location
Yorkshire
55013: Aye, but then is it really worth seeing some of the, shall we say, less than pleasant parts of London at speed? There's not exactly much nice to see anyway!

That's why it would be good to see it flying past :)

Next time, I would suggest doing St Pancras to Ashford and back. Nice long stretch flat out between Ebbsfleet and Ashford.

Sounds good.
Thanks for that tip, something for next time.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top