• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Received prosecution letter today How to pay??

Status
Not open for further replies.

someone90

New Member
Joined
10 Feb 2026
Messages
3
Location
Birmingham
West Midlands railway
So on the 2nd of jan I got caught with the wrong ticket officer told me about a letter they were going to send which I received today asking me to pay a £170 went on the ircas website and was told I can’t pay and have to phone or email them what do I do and how can I just pay the settlement
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SuspectUsual

Established Member
Joined
11 Jul 2018
Messages
6,792
Can you post a copy of the letter you've received. Make sure you blank out your details and the reference number
 

z444z

Established Member
Joined
17 Apr 2022
Messages
1,219
Location
London
As well as the letter, it’d also be useful to see what happens when you try to pay it online
 

someone90

New Member
Joined
10 Feb 2026
Messages
3
Location
Birmingham
As well as the letter, it’d also be useful to see what happens when you try to pay it online

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

As well as the letter, it’d also be useful to see what happens when you try to pay it online

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

I had to phone them as it would not let me pay online which I was then transferred to an advisor who sorted it out for me
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0732.jpeg
    IMG_0732.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0732.jpeg
    IMG_0732.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 79

z444z

Established Member
Joined
17 Apr 2022
Messages
1,219
Location
London
That’s really helpful, thanks, glad to hear it’s resolved. £175 admin charge for a one off is almost certainly not compliant with the NRCoT provision that they will not charge more than their actual costs, but you’ve paid it now and that’s the end of the matter which I’m sure is a relief for you! All the best
 

mikeg

Established Member
Joined
20 Apr 2010
Messages
2,064
Location
Selby
Perhaps if it’s the case that the admin charge is not compliant, with the settlement reached and liability presumably discharged, a complaint separately may be of use?
Or would it be worth waiting until the six months have passed just in case before lodging a complaint?
 

someone90

New Member
Joined
10 Feb 2026
Messages
3
Location
Birmingham
That’s really helpful, thanks, glad to hear it’s resolved. £175 admin charge for a one off is almost certainly not compliant with the NRCoT provision that they will not charge more than their actual costs, but you’ve paid it now and that’s the end of the matter which I’m sure is a relief for you! All the best
Thanks mate
 

z444z

Established Member
Joined
17 Apr 2022
Messages
1,219
Location
London
Perhaps if it’s the case that the admin charge is not compliant, with the settlement reached and liability presumably discharged, a complaint separately may be of use?
Or would it be worth waiting until the six months have passed just in case before lodging a complaint?
If the OP would like to send a (polite and friendly, I’d suggest) email to the prosecutions team asking for a breakdown of their admin costs for the recent settlement in line with NRCoT 9.3 I don’t think that would do any harm.

OP if you want to do this please wait and see what others think of this idea and have us check your email before sending it.
 

furlong

Established Member
Joined
28 Mar 2013
Messages
5,315
Location
Reading
Initially, simply ask them to supply you with a breakdown of the actual costs they incurred, and for which you have just reimbursed them, for your records. No need to mention NRCoT at this stage, but take care to use its terminology.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top