Hi everyone,
I'm looking for some advice regarding a GTR witness statement receipt I received.
Here's the situation: I was caught by an inspector at London Blackfriars station. I was traveling from Charlton to London Blackfriars, but I only had a ticket from London Bridge to London Blackfriars. At first, I tried to argue that I couldn't tap in at the gate and a staff member let me through, but eventually, I admitted that I had actually traveled from Charlton without the proper ticket.
The inspector took down my personal information and had me fill out a form, which I remember was related to having an invalid ticket. I was then issued a GTR witness statement receipt with a reference number in the format GRTEMG000XXXXXX. The receipt states:
"GTR will contact you in writing regarding the facts reported today and may pursue prosecution. All correspondence with GTR regarding this matter must be in writing to:
GTR prosecutions department
Eastside offices
Kings Cross railway station"
At the end, it also says, "This is not a penalty fare. GTR will write to you in due course."
I'm feeling really regretful and worried about this. I've been traveling this way for the past week, sometimes using return tickets and sometimes single ones. I read on this forum that GTR might look at past travel history, and I'm worried that they could decide to prosecute me given my repeated offenses. Has anyone been in a similar situation, or does anyone have advice on what to expect next? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
I'm looking for some advice regarding a GTR witness statement receipt I received.
Here's the situation: I was caught by an inspector at London Blackfriars station. I was traveling from Charlton to London Blackfriars, but I only had a ticket from London Bridge to London Blackfriars. At first, I tried to argue that I couldn't tap in at the gate and a staff member let me through, but eventually, I admitted that I had actually traveled from Charlton without the proper ticket.
The inspector took down my personal information and had me fill out a form, which I remember was related to having an invalid ticket. I was then issued a GTR witness statement receipt with a reference number in the format GRTEMG000XXXXXX. The receipt states:
"GTR will contact you in writing regarding the facts reported today and may pursue prosecution. All correspondence with GTR regarding this matter must be in writing to:
GTR prosecutions department
Eastside offices
Kings Cross railway station"
At the end, it also says, "This is not a penalty fare. GTR will write to you in due course."
I'm feeling really regretful and worried about this. I've been traveling this way for the past week, sometimes using return tickets and sometimes single ones. I read on this forum that GTR might look at past travel history, and I'm worried that they could decide to prosecute me given my repeated offenses. Has anyone been in a similar situation, or does anyone have advice on what to expect next? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.