• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

RealTimeTrains website

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Class15

Established Member
Joined
30 Dec 2021
Messages
4,176
Location
North London or Mildmay line
So basically,

The DF thing actually worked for a while - after the Freightliner split the intermodal side took DF. This was shown separately on RTT, so @Freightmaster - actually it’s not so ridiculous as DF was shown individually for several months (I think May - September?). It’s now switched back to FL for some reason, so the RTT thing doesn’t work again.
 

Freightmaster

Verified Rep
Joined
7 Jul 2009
Messages
4,512
So basically,

The DF thing actually worked for a while - after the Freightliner split the intermodal side took DF. This was shown separately on RTT, so @Freightmaster - actually it’s not so ridiculous as DF was shown individually for several months (I think May - September?).

For clarification, I was pointing out that just because a FOC has a two character 'TOC' identifier
doesn't mean that RTT is able to show loco/stock details like the passenger TOCs.

Another recent example is [PX] for Europhoenix - a TOC code, but no loco allocations available.

It’s now switched back to FL for some reason, so the RTT thing doesn’t work again.

Freightliner trains come up as [ZZ] for me on RTT, not FL?
 

50002Superb

Established Member
Joined
18 Aug 2021
Messages
2,129
Location
Nottingham
Not new - it's been like that for a few months now but for clarification, Freightliner are definitely not a TOC;
all 'new' FOCs are given a two letter operator code by default these days.



Nice try!! :lol:
The drop down box in RTT refers to them collectively as a TOC so I used that acronym so that others could find what I was referring to.
 

Freightmaster

Verified Rep
Joined
7 Jul 2009
Messages
4,512
The drop down box in RTT refers to them collectively as a TOC so I used that acronym so that others could find what I was referring to.

Fair enough! 8-)

As 'class 15' mentioned, Freightliner was (erroneously?) given a TOC code when it was split off from
Heavy Haul Rail earlier in the year which is why there is an option in the RTT 'drop down' list of TOCs,
even though Freightliner train now correctly show up as ZZ.

Railcam shows the individual FOCs (FL, Colas, DRS, DB, etc) correctly because I created a database
which categorises all freight schedules trains by their TSC and cross-references it to show the FOC.



MARK
 
Last edited:

Tom

Member
Joined
19 Jan 2008
Messages
872
Location
35,000ft
I don't believe the allocation was erroneous and is standard approach now but I will need to do some digging as to why as they've reverted to ZZ - I was informed it was a permanent arrangement when I asked NR when it first happened.
 

Top