Have any direct Reading to Shenfield trains ever operated since the Elizabeth Line opened? Or are they ever likely to in the future?
Surely there must have been occasions when the Whitechapel to Abbey Wood branch was shut for engineering work but the Elizabeth Line Core and the Whitechapel to Shenfield branch were both open. I can not remember any such occassions but i would be surprised if it never happened. The branch will need engineering work from time to time. If it has happened then surely some of the Reading trains would divert to Shenfield instead.
I am just curious as you get Heathrow to Abbey Wood and Heathrow to Shenfield and Reading to Abbey Wood trains but for some reason never any Reading to Shenfield trains? Is there any particular obstacle to running such services?
Surely there must have been occasions when the Whitechapel to Abbey Wood branch was shut for engineering work but the Elizabeth Line Core and the Whitechapel to Shenfield branch were both open. I can not remember any such occassions but i would be surprised if it never happened. The branch will need engineering work from time to time. If it has happened then surely some of the Reading trains would divert to Shenfield instead.
I am just curious as you get Heathrow to Abbey Wood and Heathrow to Shenfield and Reading to Abbey Wood trains but for some reason never any Reading to Shenfield trains? Is there any particular obstacle to running such services?