I know the evening peak restrictions for journeys from Paddington to Reading have been discussed on here before. But I couldn't find anything about the other direction: going to London in the evening.
I planned a journey RDG-PAD leaving 1730 today and returning 1200 tomorrow, on National Rail Enquiries:
http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/timesandfares/RDG/PAD/today/1730/dep/tomorrow/1200/dep
The journey planner doesn't offer an off-peak return for some departures, e.g. the 17:32 or 18:12.
But according to NRE the off-peak return ticket has restriction 5B. I downloaded SVR_5B.pdf from NRE. It lists 20-odd Westbound departures from PAD that the ticket isn't valid for. But as far as I can tell it has no evening peak restriction for the other direction.
Is the journey planner wrong, and can the off-peak ticket be used to go to Paddington during the evening peak?
I planned a journey RDG-PAD leaving 1730 today and returning 1200 tomorrow, on National Rail Enquiries:
http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/timesandfares/RDG/PAD/today/1730/dep/tomorrow/1200/dep
The journey planner doesn't offer an off-peak return for some departures, e.g. the 17:32 or 18:12.
But according to NRE the off-peak return ticket has restriction 5B. I downloaded SVR_5B.pdf from NRE. It lists 20-odd Westbound departures from PAD that the ticket isn't valid for. But as far as I can tell it has no evening peak restriction for the other direction.
Is the journey planner wrong, and can the off-peak ticket be used to go to Paddington during the evening peak?