heart-of-wessex
Established Member
Hello all,
Might be a simple fix but I don't know how. Anyway, I have a Sony Camcorder now which arrived today, secondhand one. I put the USB cable in the computer from the camcorder which went in fine after I installed the software. I did this wrong so I disconnected the cable, uninstalled the program, and went to put the cable back in....oh...the cable head is now too small and won't fit. Either the cable head shrunk (HIGHLY unlikely!) or the plug in the camcorder USB hole broke. Don't know how as the connector piece in the camcorder is wider than the cable head...strange!
Anyway I have a SD card reader to bypass that problem, but that leads to another thing, there is no sound. The sound plays fine on the camcorder but not directly from the SD card on the PC. There are two root folders though, MP_ROOT that holds the .MPG files, and AVF_INFO that has a .BNP, .INP and .INT file, named the same. Maybe these hold the sounds or something??
Basically is there anyway I could bypass connecting to the camcorder and playing the videos from the SD card reader with sound? There must be some form of program somewhere? No one else has had this problem on this camcorder therefore I don't know a way round it.
The supplied Sony PMB program will read the SD card from the reader, but it wants the camcorder registered first and that means...plugging it into the PC!
! So I can't even do that!
I've just splashed out on this, along with a SD card, so I can't really justify £10 for a new cable yet, and what with other things coming up soon, I could do without getting a replacement cable already
Might be a simple fix but I don't know how. Anyway, I have a Sony Camcorder now which arrived today, secondhand one. I put the USB cable in the computer from the camcorder which went in fine after I installed the software. I did this wrong so I disconnected the cable, uninstalled the program, and went to put the cable back in....oh...the cable head is now too small and won't fit. Either the cable head shrunk (HIGHLY unlikely!) or the plug in the camcorder USB hole broke. Don't know how as the connector piece in the camcorder is wider than the cable head...strange!
Anyway I have a SD card reader to bypass that problem, but that leads to another thing, there is no sound. The sound plays fine on the camcorder but not directly from the SD card on the PC. There are two root folders though, MP_ROOT that holds the .MPG files, and AVF_INFO that has a .BNP, .INP and .INT file, named the same. Maybe these hold the sounds or something??
Basically is there anyway I could bypass connecting to the camcorder and playing the videos from the SD card reader with sound? There must be some form of program somewhere? No one else has had this problem on this camcorder therefore I don't know a way round it.
The supplied Sony PMB program will read the SD card from the reader, but it wants the camcorder registered first and that means...plugging it into the PC!
I've just splashed out on this, along with a SD card, so I can't really justify £10 for a new cable yet, and what with other things coming up soon, I could do without getting a replacement cable already
