• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Re-opening Haxby and Strensall stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peregrine 4903

Established Member
Joined
18 Aug 2019
Messages
1,518
Location
London
My idea for two train stations that could be re-opened are Haxby and Strensall on the York-Scarborough Line. I'm not sure about the business case for re-opening these two stations but I know there has been noise made about re-opening them.

I think it would greatly help reduce overcrowding in the suburbs of York and the surrounding area as passengers travelling to Leeds, Manchester and Liverpool could now use Haxby and Strensall stations instead of York station. It may also improve links to Scarborough.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top