• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Rate for the higher gradet post (scotrail)

Status
Not open for further replies.

peppe1803

New Member
Joined
2 May 2012
Messages
4
Hi to all, I got a new post (JOB) in October and I'm still work on my older one....When I'm should get the higher rate? My Seniority Date is the 14/11/12.

Thanks Peppe
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Zoidberg

Established Member
Joined
27 Aug 2010
Messages
1,270
Location
West Midlands
Hi Peppe,

Do you mean that you've yet to take up duty in the new post? I've no experience of working in the rail industry, but if that is the case, I'd not expect to be paid at the higher grade until I took up the new (higher graded) post.

Hopefully someone in Scotrail with knowledge of how appointment to a higher graded post while still performing the duties of the original post will come along and help.
 

LCC106

Established Member
Joined
16 Nov 2011
Messages
1,490
Hi Peppe. If you've been offered a higher grade you should have had some kind of communication detailing your start date, new salary, when the new pay is effective from etc. If you haven't had this, I'd recommend talking to your manager for confirmation.
 

gazza8

Member
Joined
30 Mar 2011
Messages
45
Hi to all, I got a new post (JOB) in October and I'm still work on my older one....When I'm should get the higher rate? My Seniority Date is the 14/11/12.

Thanks Peppe

If you work with Scotrail currently and have had written confirmation of getting the job then you should be paid at the higher rate after a period of 9 weeks from the date of the letter, even if you are still in the lower grade.

Speak to your manager
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top