• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Rangers and Rovers on London Overground TVM

Status
Not open for further replies.

47513 Severn

Member
Joined
25 Oct 2012
Messages
163
While topping up my Oyster at New Cross Gate this afternoon I noticed the London Overground ticket machines now offer some Rovers and Rangers, including the All Line Rover.

See the attachments, there was a second page of available tickets (not sure why, there is plenty of blank space on the first page!) including the Thames Branches Day Ranger and some other South East oriented rovers.

Is this a recent innovation? I haven't seen it before but I seldom have need to use these machines. I'm not sure how confident I would be buying an ALR that way, the potential for it to print incorrectly or get stuck in the chute would be a worry.

Edit: See the next post for another picture, it seems I can only attach one per post.

Another screen picture showing one page of available tickets.
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 147
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 140
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

crehld

Established Member
Joined
1 Nov 2014
Messages
1,994
Location
Norfolk
I think London Overground TVMs have been selling rovers for a while now. The Virgin machines at Crewe have started selling the West Midlands Day Ranger too (although no others at this point). It's a positive step I think, and quickly dismisses the spurious argument that TVMs cannot be programmed to sell ranger/rover products, and that they cannot be sold online for TOD collection because the TVMs aren't programmed to issue them.
 

AlterEgo

Verified Rep - Wingin' It! Paul Lucas
Joined
30 Dec 2008
Messages
29,669
Location
LBK
Very positive. Now let's see if LOROL accept an ALR! They have a history of being difficult with them.
 
Joined
9 Apr 2016
Messages
1,909
This is brilliant. It would be good if Southern started doing this considering that they use the same type of TVMs (Shere) as London Overground.
 

Bungle965

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
Joined
2 Jul 2014
Messages
3,388
Location
Calder Valley
This is very good (old) news, because I have a feeling it would be quite difficult to get the ticket office clerk to issue a Rover/Ranger, as it seems to be quite a `challenge` to get them to issue you with something that is not a walk up Single, Return.
Sam
 

185143

Established Member
Joined
3 Mar 2013
Messages
5,370
This is very good (old) news, because I have a feeling it would be quite difficult to get the ticket office clerk to issue a Rover/Ranger, as it seems to be quite a `challenge` to get them to issue you with something that is not a walk up Single, Return.
Sam
Or a travelcard...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top