• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ramsgate to Selby route Hull Trains and Southeastern disruption advice

mikeg

Established Member
Joined
20 Apr 2010
Messages
2,072
Location
Selby
Do I really have to wait over two hours? Narrowly missed a connection between St Pancras and Kings Cross.
Who would be responsible for rerouting me? Should I go back to St Pancras and speak to SouthEastern? Also as the disruption was cause by SouthEastern and they have that mutual agreement thing with TPE, northern and LNER would that allow me to take an LNER train to Leeds/York or do ticket restrictions come first in the event as it’s not technically a cancellation?

So far the staff didn’t know what I was talking about when I mentioned rerouting under PRO but I’ve only spoken to one. They said I’d have to await the next hull trains service at 1610. That was an LNER staff member I think

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Sorry forgot to say I was booked with an advance routed Hull Trains and Southeastern from Ramsgate, depart RAM 1202 and KGX 1400
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
26 Sep 2020
Messages
16,797
Location
UK
Technically it's Southeastern that are responsible for re-routing you since they are the ones who made you miss your connection. I would contact them (e.g. via social media) requesting re-routing, obviously the overwhelming likelihood is that they won't be able or willing to help you, and that would then give you grounds to claim back your reasonable costs in booking a ticket to travel on the next available service to Selby.

I can kind of see where you're coming from in your question about the mutual ticket acceptance between TPE, Northern, LNER, Southeastern etc. but I don't think it would apply here - it would allow you to take TPE instead of Northern or LNER for example, but not LNER instead of Hull Trains. Since your Advance is routed Hull Trains & SE only it isn't valid on LNER so I don't think the ticket acceptance arrangement is relevant to your journey. Moreover I think as you say, it only applies in cases of cancellations rather than missed connections or delays.
 

mikeg

Established Member
Joined
20 Apr 2010
Messages
2,072
Location
Selby
Thanks. By the time I got to speak to someone who seemed to know their stuff more or less the 1610 service was in fact the fastest service.
 

Top