• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Railway station people names (fun)

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Barrett

Member
Joined
9 Mar 2013
Messages
554
Rick mansworth
Len ham
Len wade (closed ex M&GN)
Hasle mere
Cath cart
Roy Bridge
Coll ingham
Ken ley
Bruce Grove
and, if I may use shortened forms, regarding a certian lady already allured to in a previous post - D rigg.
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

philjo

Established Member
Joined
9 Jun 2009
Messages
3,023
On the ECML we have:

Stevenage
Peterborough
Grantham


MML has Kentish Town

There are also a few saints around the network including:

St Pancras
St Albans
Bury St Edmunds
 

mr williams

Member
Joined
19 Sep 2010
Messages
132
If you ever visit the Grand Canyon by train, it departs from the station in the town of Williams, Arizona

There's a girl two years below me, no word of a lie, Iona Bently

Again, no word of a lie, I went to school with a Shaun Nutt who had a sister.....Hazel :roll:
 

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Joined
18 Dec 2012
Messages
19,372
Location
Yorkshire
In West Yorkshire, along with the aforementioned Ben Rhydding you can meet Keith Lee (and his dog Shep); Den B. Dale; Ray Vensthorpe; Mick L. Field; Cass L. Ford; and Norman Ton (or possibly Norm Anton).

As for real people, I knew a bloke in Kingston called Barry Brow, which is pretty close! He never understood why I thought his name was funny though...:lol:
 
Last edited:

Buttsy

Established Member
Joined
20 May 2011
Messages
1,374
Location
Hanborough
Welcome the Leys and their Dracula-loving son Bram
Here are Mr & Mrs Dale and their sons Kirk, Kelvin and Colin
A-ha, look it's Mr & Mrs Eagle and their son Glen
 

johnnychips

Established Member
Joined
19 Nov 2011
Messages
3,826
Location
Leeds
Announcement: Mr R. Dwick has moved from London into a prestigious site just east of Manchester city centre, to be near his sister, May Field, and he isn't too far from his Italian friend Vic Toria and cousins Ash Berries, Miles Platting, Ash Ton and Guy D Bridge. Ash and his (admittedly fat) wife have recently had a baby, so there's a new Ton in the area! When I visited them, the baby had a new toy bell and he was making a right din: ting, ting, ting it went!

However all is not sweetness and light for Mr Dwick, as Ash's wife claimed he had feeled her broad bottom. 'These allegations are hattersley rubbish,' countered Mr Dwick. 'It's not fair, feeled is the wrong word; I just brushed against her. I thought she was a Christian: these lies from her are ungodly. I just want to go and hide. North of England is rubbish.'

Ash's wife said. 'I had just been baking and I couldn't brush him off as my hands were all floury. Feeled is not too strong a word - glossup with the man?' 'I think my hands must have just caught on her apron', said a sheepish Mr Dwick.
 
Last edited:

johnnychips

Established Member
Joined
19 Nov 2011
Messages
3,826
Location
Leeds
And Den used to eat his Farley's rusks out of a red dish. North of England suppliers of his baby food were rare so they were often out of stock. Port used to be his dad's drink, but he used to be annoyed if all the rusks were eaten. Chapel used to be important as I did mention the family were religious.
 
Last edited:

TheJRB

Established Member
Joined
14 Feb 2011
Messages
1,208
Location
Ashford, Kent
I'm surprised Martin Mill hasn't been suggested yet! Also St Mary Cray who's friends with Sid Cup and their two-station named neighbour Lee Mottingham.
 

DaveNewcastle

Established Member
Joined
21 Dec 2007
Messages
7,387
Location
Newcastle (unless I'm out)
Welcome the Leys and their Dracula-loving son Bram
Here are Mr & Mrs Dale and their sons Kirk, Kelvin and Colin
A-ha, look it's Mr & Mrs Eagle and their son Glen
A little late, but here comes the Hill family, with little Lawrence, brothers Beckenham and Gordon, and their glamourous Belles, Bex , Jordan, Mary and Daisy. Phew, what a Corker!
I'm surprised they came with their great grand parents, they are beginning to look their age, take that Old Hill for example.

And the Scottish contingent of the Atholl family also arrived late, with their honest politician, Blair, and from neighbouring Lochalsh, brother Kyle.

I see there's a table reserved for the Bay family too, though they haven't arrived yet. That will be Norman, Thorpe and, of course, Pevensey and their little girls, the Wemyss's

Oh look! There's a group of 3 Barry's propping up the Bar - leaving Mrs. Island, Mrs. Docks and Mrs Links to chat amongst themselves, Rhondda, Cynon and Taff.

Now, would you put your hands together for that well known bard who's stepping up to the podium to entertain us with some good Welsh tales, Mawddach. I expect he'll have some Morefascinating stories to tell us, in that deep Welsh voice, and what a very Pleasingtone it is too.

Is that a cat hiding under the sideboard, liking his lips waiting for any leftovers? Could it be that well fed cat, Barnoldswick? I wonder if it came in from the Wood's house next door. They have quite a few Pets.

The whole event reminds me of the annual Traffic Management awards ceremony in the adjoining suite, when the Road and Street families have got together for a p*** up after their meal. Dingle, Eccles, Haydon, Blake and some other Broad from Oulton, oh and that other Turkey - what's his name?
There's some titled people in that group too, a Duke, a Cannon and I do believe that that is the Queen.
Now they've been joined by son Lea who now lives in Gainsborough and brother Leyton who's now in the Midlands.
Even the normally quiet Lane family have joined in, with their son Dean, and if they can drag him up to the Barr, his partner Perry.
 
Last edited:

David Barrett

Member
Joined
9 Mar 2013
Messages
554
John O Gaunt (closed)
Kirk-connel
Peg-s-wood
I hope that all Welshmen will forgive me for this English corruption but I could not resist the two sisters Peny and Min-fford
Beverley
 
Last edited:

krus_aragon

Established Member
Joined
10 Jun 2009
Messages
6,105
Location
North Wales
Welcome the Leys and their Dracula-loving son Bram
Here are Mr & Mrs Dale and their sons Kirk, Kelvin and Colin
A-ha, look it's Mr & Mrs Eagle and their son Glen

Nobody told me it was cabaret time! ;)

Here's Peter Field, and his wife Sella. Isn't she radiant?

Oh, look, the Cross family has just arrived. Mr Cross, (ever the King of the house).
Then, the kids: Gerrard, Charing and Kirby.
And is his wife carrying a baby? Why, that'll be a New Cross!

Then there's Mr and Mrs More, and their son Newton.

Not to mention Mr & Mrs Slow, young Will'm, and his pet Hound.

And please forgive the late arrival (due to a broken down Car): Fin, Donald, Luke and Lisle.
They got a lift in Chandler's Ford.
 

High Dyke

Established Member
Joined
1 Jan 2013
Messages
5,022
Location
Yellabelly Country
Has anyone mentioned the young lady with a split personality An-Dover

Don't forget the long gone Abbey Foregate or the grandiose Adolphus Street. Anyone remember Barry Pier?
 

DaveNewcastle

Established Member
Joined
21 Dec 2007
Messages
7,387
Location
Newcastle (unless I'm out)
Oh, look, the Cross family has just arrived. Mr Cross, (ever the King of the house).
Then, the kids: Gerrard, Charing and Kirby.
And is his wife carrying a baby? Why, that'll be a New Cross!
Did you hear that young Gerrard won some talent show and is now quite a Starcross?

Makes a change from his day job as a plumber where he once came to fix a leak in Myloofor me.

And didn't young Kirby marry that chap called West recently? He's the one who drove Chandler's Ford to the reception, with an odd first name, Haver. Still, we should be glad they got here with Haver in the Ford, or Mr. West to be more formal.

[it's hard writing such very bad jokes]

Did the Mores' not bring their daughter Avie, then?

Anyone remember Barry Pier?
Ah yes, but sadly we don't see much of him these days, not since some con man took him for a Ryde.
Has anyone mentioned the young lady with a split personality An-Dover
Didn't she like to go about using another name? Rose Grove, I think.
 
Last edited:

David Barrett

Member
Joined
9 Mar 2013
Messages
554
Once young Cliff really fancied his chances with pretty little Tilly but she thought Cliff extremely common so nought came of it.
 

David Barrett

Member
Joined
9 Mar 2013
Messages
554
Cliff and Dale were related but eventually settled down and married a couple of Scottish lassies: Ann Bank and Lin Wood.
 

DaveNewcastle

Established Member
Joined
21 Dec 2007
Messages
7,387
Location
Newcastle (unless I'm out)
. . . . a couple of Scottish lassies: Ann Bank and Lin Wood.
Ah yes, I remember them well. When they were younger, didn't they hang around with Cath Cart and that girl Sally Wick who often had uncontrollable fits of giggles, or Sal as we used to call her.

Shame about the name some people gave her : Giggles Wick.

I'm sure she had a boyfriend she called Andy Pandy - I can't remember his real name but he did have a brother called Tony.
 

59CosG95

Established Member
Joined
18 Aug 2013
Messages
6,866
Location
Beeston (Notts)
Let us not forget the Siamese twins, Kirk and Wes Ham! Or their relations with outlandish names, Farn and Rother...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top