• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Railway photography in the near future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Mann

Member
Joined
5 Nov 2018
Messages
57
Location
Llandudno
Hi everyone,

I live in North Wales and with our travel restrictions being lifted on Monday I'm hoping to get out and do some railway photography for the first time since the lockdown began.

I'm aware that there are still restrictions regarding travel on trains so I won't be able to travel that way but fortunately my dad is willing to take me to some places in the car, probably not much further than Warrington or Crewe though.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend any good publicly accessible locations near railway lines where I could go to do train photography, ideally locations near the West Coast Main Line? I have been looking on Google Earth but am struggling to tell where is actually accessible on there.

Also, while I am fully aware that photography in large stations is probably a no go, does anyone know what the situations might be regarding photography at small unmanned stations?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Richard Scott

Established Member
Associate Staff
International Transport
Railtours & Preservation
Joined
13 Dec 2018
Messages
4,583
Hi everyone,

I live in North Wales and with our travel restrictions being lifted on Monday I'm hoping to get out and do some railway photography for the first time since the lockdown began.

I'm aware that there are still restrictions regarding travel on trains so I won't be able to travel that way but fortunately my dad is willing to take me to some places in the car, probably not much further than Warrington or Crewe though.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend any good publicly accessible locations near railway lines where I could go to do train photography, ideally locations near the West Coast Main Line? I have been looking on Google Earth but am struggling to tell where is actually accessible on there.

Also, while I am fully aware that photography in large stations is probably a no go, does anyone know what the situations might be regarding photography at small unmanned stations?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Will admit to having been on an unmanned station (was next door to work) to take photos, no hassle from staff of stopping trains.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top