Agent_Squash
Established Member
- Joined
- 22 Jul 2016
- Messages
- 1,271
I’ve given up on rail this summer. Apart from a trip to London in August, I’ve moved to the car or the bus.
I’m certainly not the only one. The strikes started at the beginning of the summer bus timetable in the Lakes - Stagecoach now operate the 555 fast down the M6, and it’s got steadily busier day after day between Lancaster and Kendal. It’s cheaper, the timings more convenient for the working day - I’d be surprised if many people went back prior to the end of the service.
I’m supportive of the strike action - but the public literally being unable to use the railway because of unpredictability caused by the different strike patterns will damage the railway long term. Much better to have a consistent strike so the travelling public aren’t screwed over as well.
And to think if the railway was in genuinely private hands they would’ve sorted out most of the mess we’ve got at the moment.
I’m certainly not the only one. The strikes started at the beginning of the summer bus timetable in the Lakes - Stagecoach now operate the 555 fast down the M6, and it’s got steadily busier day after day between Lancaster and Kendal. It’s cheaper, the timings more convenient for the working day - I’d be surprised if many people went back prior to the end of the service.
I’m supportive of the strike action - but the public literally being unable to use the railway because of unpredictability caused by the different strike patterns will damage the railway long term. Much better to have a consistent strike so the travelling public aren’t screwed over as well.
And to think if the railway was in genuinely private hands they would’ve sorted out most of the mess we’ve got at the moment.