• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Railway 200 : 'Inspiration' touring train

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
Joined
25 Mar 2010
Messages
1,778
Location
Newport, South Wales
According to Rail Advent, there have in fact, been four new sets of dates:

26th April to 28th April Swansea Station
8th May to 10th MaySkegness Station
19th May to 21st May The Mid-Norfolk Railway
23rd May to 31st May Severn Valley Railway

I'm pleased about the first one, as it's likely that they'll be the only visit to South Wales - I'll need to make a booking soon, though!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DesDobramento

Member
Joined
12 Jun 2025
Messages
80
Location
Portugal/UK
It's been running without its branded/dedicated GBRf Class 66s recently, eg 66717/719 at Tattenham Corner on 11 March, with one of the dedicated ones noted stabled at the GBRf depot at Tonbridge on 5 March.
 

TFT YouTube

Member
Joined
2 Feb 2025
Messages
193
Location
Salisbury
It's been running without its branded/dedicated GBRf Class 66s recently, eg 66717/719 at Tattenham Corner on 11 March, with one of the dedicated ones noted stabled at the GBRf depot at Tonbridge on 5 March.
It was just 66719 at Salisbury and 66710 went off to Eastleigh Yard, not sure why as it wasn't allocated to any moves over the period.
 

SwindonManor

Member
Joined
9 Jul 2024
Messages
138
Location
Devon
Can I just say, if anyone is considering it, do it! It's a really nice one to do (and free) and when I did it, it was great
 

31160

Established Member
Joined
18 Mar 2018
Messages
1,279
Can I just say, if anyone is considering it, do it! It's a really nice one to do (and free) and when I did it, it was great
Yep the sand table thing is fantastic, I saw it on the WSR fully recommended
 

Barnsley

Member
Joined
20 Feb 2010
Messages
332
Location
Barnsley
According to Rail Advent, there have in fact, been four new sets of dates:

26th April to 28th AprilSwansea Station
8th May to 10th MaySkegness Station
19th May to 21st MayThe Mid-Norfolk Railway
23rd May to 31st MaySevern Valley Railway

I'm pleased about the first one, as it's likely that they'll be the only visit to South Wales - I'll need to make a booking soon, though!
Its coming to Hull 5th-7th June, it will be in Platform 7 for the weekend
 

aar0

Member
Joined
13 Sep 2016
Messages
619

pokemonsuper9

Established Member
Joined
20 Dec 2022
Messages
4,646
Location
Greater Manchester
Just had a visit to it at Blackpool North
Was entirely families (young children and guardians) apart from me as far as I could tell.

I went and started from the far end (the future carriage) so got some time before all the families (who all got on at the other end) got there.
 

Iskra

Established Member
Joined
11 Jun 2014
Messages
10,723
Location
West Riding
This train has now completed its tour.

Does anyone know what will happen to the train now? It would potentially make a good exhibit at the NRM in my opinion.
 

DesDobramento

Member
Joined
12 Jun 2025
Messages
80
Location
Portugal/UK
This train has now completed its tour.

Does anyone know what will happen to the train now? It would potentially make a good exhibit at the NRM in my opinion.
I think it would be most appropriate for all of us to applaud those behind the bold idea of this exhibition train and to thank those who manned it at its numerous stops!
 

fgwrich

Established Member
Joined
15 Apr 2009
Messages
10,646
Location
Hampshire
The generator is gone back to ERS pending repainting
And has since moved down to Arriva Traincare at Eastleigh TRSMD. It is in a part Caledonian Sleeper teal livery with grey ends from its time at Inverness being used to heat the Mk5s over winter.
 

Top