NIR111Class
Member
- Joined
- 16 Jan 2011
- Messages
- 16
Does anyone know if any railtours or excursions are planned on the Midland Mainline, particularly on the Thameslink section?

Would any of them be passing Luton and Leagrave by any chance? A few relatives of mine live in Luton so I was hoping of informing them about a couple of heritage steam or diesel excursions passing by there.![]()
Ah! Have a look at http://www.tlr.ltd.uk/sigbox/news/news_2011.eb for a view of the preserved Hastings unit from St Albans South signal box on February 19th this year.The Hastings Thumper's one of my favourite multiple units so this is kind of a coincidence. XD
If that's the case I wish I'd be going to Luton myself in September.
The Hastings Thumper's one of my favourite multiple units so this is kind of a coincidence. XD
If that's the case I wish I'd be going to Luton myself in September.

HDL are planning a tour along that section to Butterley in September:
http://www.hastingsdiesels.co.uk/railtours/
Am I being thick? I can't see a timetable for that tour?
