BRX
Established Member
- Joined
- 20 Oct 2008
- Messages
- 4,544
HOTNAT (hop on the next available train) is the agreement between HS operators that if one train is delayed and you miss your connection, your ticket will be valid on the next train.
The basic conditions are here:
www.railteam.eu
However - what counts as a connection, if I have bought the tickets from different sources? For example, between DB and Eurostar at Brussels is there a minimum connection time specified anywhere?
And where the delay is such that I miss the last train of the day, does it simply mean that I can travel on the first available train the next morning? If the first train is at 5am or something, can I choose to travel at a more sociable hour? And I assume that there is no obligation to sort out overnight accommodation for me, in such a scenario?
The basic conditions are here:
Am I eligible for HOTNAT? - Railteam
www.railteam.eu
However - what counts as a connection, if I have bought the tickets from different sources? For example, between DB and Eurostar at Brussels is there a minimum connection time specified anywhere?
And where the delay is such that I miss the last train of the day, does it simply mean that I can travel on the first available train the next morning? If the first train is at 5am or something, can I choose to travel at a more sociable hour? And I assume that there is no obligation to sort out overnight accommodation for me, in such a scenario?