I can't argue against that - it's absurd, and it's too time consuming.
All I will say is that it is disappointing that the Fares & Ticketing section has again got these sort of posts in it.
It had been good for a few weeks, I thought we'd seen the end of it.
Those of us who are determined to use rail will continue to get round the draconian rules by booking for other people online, using ticket machines, or finding staff with common sense, however many will not persevere with it and won't take the risk of encountering a jobsworth...
... and people like sheff1 are being literally driven away by the rail industry's absurd, ridiculous and indefensible rules.
Show this topic to the average motorist and they'd just laugh and say they are glad they don't have to worry about complying with these so-called "obligations". It's not a good advert for rail.
All I will say is that it is disappointing that the Fares & Ticketing section has again got these sort of posts in it.
Those of us who are determined to use rail will continue to get round the draconian rules by booking for other people online, using ticket machines, or finding staff with common sense, however many will not persevere with it and won't take the risk of encountering a jobsworth...
Anyway, thanks for all the replies. As the definitive answer is not clear I expect that should a similar situation arise again my partner will drive rather than go by train.
... and people like sheff1 are being literally driven away by the rail industry's absurd, ridiculous and indefensible rules.
Show this topic to the average motorist and they'd just laugh and say they are glad they don't have to worry about complying with these so-called "obligations". It's not a good advert for rail.