Hello all, probably a fairly quick thread but something which I've been wondering about:
I saw a woman drop her railcard wallet with all her tickets onto the track between an East Coast HST and the southbound platform at Durham station yesterday. As the train - which I boarded - was pulling away, she had returned with a member of the barrier-staff and was pointing at the (clearly visible) cards and tickets.
Anyway, I was just wondering if staff would have been able to retain the wallet, on the basis that they could inform the correct people that they were going to go onto the track, or will it be lost forever?
I saw a woman drop her railcard wallet with all her tickets onto the track between an East Coast HST and the southbound platform at Durham station yesterday. As the train - which I boarded - was pulling away, she had returned with a member of the barrier-staff and was pointing at the (clearly visible) cards and tickets.
Anyway, I was just wondering if staff would have been able to retain the wallet, on the basis that they could inform the correct people that they were going to go onto the track, or will it be lost forever?
