• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Railcard discount with a upgrade to 1st class

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrh2254

Member
Joined
31 Dec 2014
Messages
400
I am travelling Virgin from Tamworth to London and have offpeak return tickets. We are travelling with a two together railcard. Do we have to pay a £10 excess each for 1st upgrade (may be £15 each, not sure) or do we get 1/3rd off these fares or not?
Thanks.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,469
£15 each at weekends. No Railcard discount.
 

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Joined
20 Oct 2014
Messages
113,763
Location
"Marston Vale mafia"
£15 each at weekends. No Railcard discount.

But for clarification you can upgrade Railcard discounted tickets (I think this wasn't the case years ago) - it's just that the full £15 upgrade is due, the upgrade itself is not discountable using a Two Together.
 

jrh2254

Member
Joined
31 Dec 2014
Messages
400
I am going virgin as they have power sockets and comfortable standard class table seats. I will save the £15 and take my own flask and snacks !! Wifi is a bit hit and miss in first so will use my own and I don't have time to use the 1st lounge in euston.
Thanks for your replies.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top