Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!
I have my Senior Railcard associated with my Oyster Card to give me reduced rates on LU at Off Peak times. My railcard has now expired, I have not used my Oyster Card since. Is my Railcard expiry date tied to my Oyster Card or do I need to get them de-linked as whilst this Virus is among us I have no wish to renew my railcard.
I have my Senior Railcard associated with my Oyster Card to give me reduced rates on LU at Off Peak times. My railcard has now expired, I have not used my Oyster Card since. Is my Railcard expiry date tied to my Oyster Card or do I need to get them de-linked as whilst this Virus is among us I have no wish to renew my railcard.
The member of staff has to set an expiry date when adding a railcard discount to an Oyster card. Once the expiry date has passed the Oyster card will act like a normal card and any journeys made will be charged at the undiscounted fare.
If you decide to get a new Railcard then simply visit another Underground station and the discount can be added again to your Oyster card.
When I had my 2 year Senior Railcard added last autumn I was told that they couldn't give it the full 2 year validity in one go and I would have to go back to a station this year.
There’s no such thing as a 2 year Senior Railcard.
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
The maximum duration that the machines will allow to be added is 3 years. It is possible to get a bit over 3 years’ validity, such as with a 3 year Railcard issued either as a renewal or a new card that arrives very fast, as they issue with an extra week to allow for lost time in the post. If as a result of this the expiry is a little over that 3 year mark when you seek to have the Railcard linked, then it will error out when the staff member seeks to add it. They will then need to add it for a shorter time and you can get it corrected when there is less than 3 years left on the card.
There’s no such thing as a 2 year Senior Railcard.
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
The maximum duration that the machines will allow to be added is 3 years. It is possible to get a bit over 3 years’ validity, such as with a 3 year Railcard issued either as a renewal or a new card that arrives very fast, as they issue with an extra week to allow for lost time in the post. If as a result of this the expiry is a little over that 3 year mark when you seek to have the Railcard linked, then it will error out when the staff member seeks to add it. They will then need to add it for a shorter time and you can get it corrected when there is less than 3 years left on the card.
We are aware of an issue with emails from the Forum to Microsoft-based email accounts (hotmail/outlook/live.com email addresses). This is being looked into currently, thanks for your patience meanwhile.