ExRes
Established Member
43465 & 43484 worked 1618 0Z43 Kings Norton OTPD to Kidderminster SVR for the Diesel Gala
Only operating on the Friday though. (19th May)43465 & 43484 worked 1618 0Z43 Kings Norton OTPD to Kidderminster SVR for the Diesel Gala
They were good to travel on. Definitely a good day on Friday.43465 & 43484 worked 1010 0Z43 Kidderminster SVR to Kings Norton OTPD after the SVR Gala, they worked on Friday with the LSL 'Scottish' set attached to the DBSO, the remainder of the weekend they were on static display
Reported by someone on site at Eastleigh that 43423 & 43467 are rubbed down for painting
Hauling a Rail vac unit.43468 & 43480 working 0918 0Z43 Kings Norton OTPD to Bescot Up Engineers Sidings, 1224 6X44 to Butterley MRC
They are no longer Meridian Generic Rail translator vans; the current Rail Express confirms they are now owned by RailAdventure.43465 and 43468, an unusual change in pairings, worked 0849 5Z43 Kings Norton OTPD to Kidderminster SVR with the two pairs of Meridian Generic Rail translator vans and 1354 6Z43 return with two RailAdventure IWA translator vans and one IGB brake force wagon which had been at the SVR for maintenance
Two posts above yours.Which pair are off to Keighley Worth Valley Railway for the Diesel Gala?
They are no longer Meridian Generic Rail translator vans; the current Rail Express confirms they are now owned by RailAdventure.
It's not much use being proud of them if they don't make a commercial return. They've seen very little use since conversion so the sale to RailAdventure - who have a need for them - makes sense all round.Thanks for the info @43096 I'm a bit surprised as from what I'd read I thought MGR were pretty proud of them, RA has cash that knows how to talk I guess
It's not much use being proud of them if they don't make a commercial return. They've seen very little use since conversion so the sale to RailAdventure - who have a need for them - makes sense all round.
I'm not sure that there is any confirmation of this yet but would the coaching stock have potential use to be converted to barrier coaches?43158/43022 are on their way to Kings Norton OTP with what looks like a new lease of life with Rail Adventure. Intresesting that they have brought a set of coaches as well.
Realtime Trains | 5Z42 1059 Laira T.& R.S.M.D. to Kings Norton Ot Plant Dept | 28/07/2023
Real-time train running information for 5Z42 1059 departure from Laira T.& R.S.M.D. to Kings Norton Ot Plant Dept on 28/07/2023. From Realtime Trains, an independent source of train running info for Great Britain.www.realtimetrains.co.uk
I'm not sure that there is any confirmation of this yet but would the coaching stock have potential use to be converted to barrier coaches?
That is pretty much what they do, so would make sense. I think a few people have put 2+2 together today on not got an answer of 4 when it comes to this moveThat's the suggestion that I'd seen but RailAdventure facebook states that they are moving the set on behalf of a customer and are unaware of the long term plans
Indeed, there’s nothing particularly special about this movement.That is pretty much what they do, so would make sense. I think a few people have put 2+2 together today on not got an answer of 4 when it comes to this move![]()
Not really of any use at all. RailAdventure have just acquired the four Meridian Generic Rail vehicles.I'm not sure that there is any confirmation of this yet but would the coaching stock have potential use to be converted to barrier coaches?
Sorry for discussing it and asking a simple question. I will make sure to check with you before posting anything in the futureNot really of any use at all. RailAdventure have just acquired the four Meridian Generic Rail vehicles.
The amount of dribble about this move on here and elsewhere is astonishing.
Indeed, there’s nothing particularly special about this movement.
The natural order of things. Superior traction rescuing the lower orders!43468 & 43480 working 0911 0Z54 Kings Norton OTPD to Burton OT Wetmore Sidings and 1236 0Z55 to Barrow Hill LIP to deliver failed 55009
The natural order of things. Superior traction rescuing the lower orders!
![]()
That'll be on two levels. The fact it's a pair of power cars, and that they're being used as locos.I understand there's a bit of disgruntlement from some Deltic acolytes