• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Rail Travel Vouchers expiry dates

Status
Not open for further replies.

leyscjd

Member
Joined
8 Apr 2011
Messages
42
In the past I have attempted to claim a refund of Oyster PAYG originally topped up with RTVs and was told at an Underground ticket office that it was not possible, even if ID and proof of address are provided.

Can anyone definitively confirm if PAYG refunds are permitted if the credit was paid for using National Rail RTVs?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Be3G

Established Member
Joined
14 Sep 2012
Messages
1,599
Location
Chingford
Refunds are most certainly permitted, but it won't be on-the-spot – the ticket clerk will send the card off to Oyster HQ who will arrange the refund.
 

Chrisgr31

Established Member
Joined
2 Aug 2011
Messages
1,704
For me Southerns E-vouchers are a pain because I can't spend them! Generally if I am travelling my train its either on my annual season ticket, however that is issued by the firm through Abellio (paid by me on a season ticket loan) or for work in which case the tickets are rdered and paid for by the firm.

I therefore want vouchers which I can save up and sent in with my season ticket application. The default to evouchers is really annoying especally as it cant be reversed.
 

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Joined
15 May 2012
Messages
5,438
Location
Croydon
For me Southerns E-vouchers are a pain because I can't spend them! Generally if I am travelling my train its either on my annual season ticket, however that is issued by the firm through Abellio (paid by me on a season ticket loan) or for work in which case the tickets are rdered and paid for by the firm.

I therefore want vouchers which I can save up and sent in with my season ticket application. The default to evouchers is really annoying especally as it cant be reversed.

One way to force them to give you paper vouchers is to submit your claim by post :)
 

Chrisgr31

Established Member
Joined
2 Aug 2011
Messages
1,704
One way to force them to give you paper vouchers is to submit your claim by post :)

Very true, only problem is that on my commute route the stamp will be about 25% of the refund!

I did ask them why they couldn't let the passenger save their preferences and ticket, so seems they have done half my request.
 

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Joined
15 May 2012
Messages
5,438
Location
Croydon
A lot of TOCs either have a Freepost address or have prepaid envelopes for claims that you can get from stations :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top