SomeTrainboy
Member
Since this quarry supposedly produces up to 400,000 tonnes of lime and a million tonnes of chalk, the road traffic out of it must be quite large. How much of it could be delivered by rail?
The sidings were closed in the early '80s, and according to my father, trialled the idea of loading on the up main in the late '80s. How economical would it be to re-instate the sidings, which I'm pretty sure remain in-situ?
Re-signalling wouldn't be too hard, as there already a signal gantry to the east, and you can erect one near to the A18 bridge. And since there have been rumours of a hydrogen plant being cleared for construction literally opposite, I believe it would be a good investment to aid in freeing up road traffic.
The sidings were closed in the early '80s, and according to my father, trialled the idea of loading on the up main in the late '80s. How economical would it be to re-instate the sidings, which I'm pretty sure remain in-situ?
Re-signalling wouldn't be too hard, as there already a signal gantry to the east, and you can erect one near to the A18 bridge. And since there have been rumours of a hydrogen plant being cleared for construction literally opposite, I believe it would be a good investment to aid in freeing up road traffic.
Last edited by a moderator: