• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Rail & Sail to Arran

Status
Not open for further replies.

trainophile

Established Member
Joined
28 Oct 2010
Messages
6,983
Location
Wherever I lay my hat
I'm sure there are a dozen threads about this already, so if someone could point me to one...

Otherwise, I'm struggling to find out how to book a (day return) through ticket for Glasgow Central to Arran, incorporating Scotrail and Calmac, for a date in the middle of June.

All the links I try to follow keep asking me what type of vehicle I am driving!

Is there a sensible way of doing this, or do I have to either phone someone or book it in two sections, which defeats the object of "railandsail", which they do advertise but seem to hide extremely well!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Liam

Established Member
Joined
29 Dec 2010
Messages
1,245
I'm sure there are a dozen threads about this already, so if someone could point me to one...

Otherwise, I'm struggling to find out how to book a (day return) through ticket for Glasgow Central to Arran, incorporating Scotrail and Calmac, for a date in the middle of June.

All the links I try to follow keep asking me what type of vehicle I am driving!

Is there a sensible way of doing this, or do I have to either phone someone or book it in two sections, which defeats the object of "railandsail", which they do advertise but seem to hide extremely well!

Scotrail website works fine - £15.80 off peak day return.

Either that or buy on the day from the ticket windows at Central.
 
Last edited:

trainophile

Established Member
Joined
28 Oct 2010
Messages
6,983
Location
Wherever I lay my hat
Thank you. Must admit I was trying to do it on the Calmac website not Scotrail. I'll probably get it on the day then, or day before.

Cheers :D .
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top