Today's Times runs an article citing BTP figures about crime on the railway.
As a male I obviously can't comment other than to say I hope all perpetrators are dealt with according to the law. The article also mentions the 61016 service and Railway Guardian app.
www.thetimes.com
As a male I obviously can't comment other than to say I hope all perpetrators are dealt with according to the law. The article also mentions the 61016 service and Railway Guardian app.
Violent attacks against women on trains rise by more than 50%
British Transport Police attribute the rise to a greater reporting of offences, but the increase highlights growing concerns over safety on public transport
The number of violent attacks against women and girls on Britain’s railways has increased by more than 50 per cent over the past two years, according to official figures. Violent crimes have risen from 7,561 in 2021 to 11,357 last year, while the number of sexual offences has risen by 10 per cent from 2,235 to 2,475 over the same period. The number of cases of sexual harassment reported over the same period has doubled, to 1,908. A survey commissioned by British Transport Police found that over a third of women have been subjected to sexual harassment or sexual offences while commuting by train or tube.