As part of the 50th birthday celebrations Radio Caroline are doing their occasional series where listeners have voted for their favourite all time albums, forming a chart of the top 500. Last done in 2008 a whole new chart will be revealed over the Easter weekend.
http://www.radiocaroline.co.uk/#home.html
Starting at number 500 on Friday at 9am and running each day from 9am to 7pm ending up with the number one just before 7pm on Monday evening.
I listened to the last one in 2008 and have to say it was probably one of the best 4 days of music I have heard on the radio ever. Obviously the expected Pink Floyd 'Dark Side Of The Moon', and Fleetwood Mac 'Rumours' were right up there, but some much lesser know gems appeared such as It's A Beautiful Day 'White Bird' plus lot's of Genesis, Moody Blues, Neil Young, The Shadows, Yes, The Hollies, Jethro Tull, not to mention The Beatles etc. Such a great diversity of bands and songs. I am really looking forward to this new chart tomorrow.
http://www.radiocaroline.co.uk/#home.html
Starting at number 500 on Friday at 9am and running each day from 9am to 7pm ending up with the number one just before 7pm on Monday evening.
I listened to the last one in 2008 and have to say it was probably one of the best 4 days of music I have heard on the radio ever. Obviously the expected Pink Floyd 'Dark Side Of The Moon', and Fleetwood Mac 'Rumours' were right up there, but some much lesser know gems appeared such as It's A Beautiful Day 'White Bird' plus lot's of Genesis, Moody Blues, Neil Young, The Shadows, Yes, The Hollies, Jethro Tull, not to mention The Beatles etc. Such a great diversity of bands and songs. I am really looking forward to this new chart tomorrow.
