• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Quiet coaches not listed when reserving seat through forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crithylum

Member
Joined
21 May 2024
Messages
349
Location
London Borough of Ealing
I booked a ticket through the forum on LNER, choosing a seat with the seat selector so that our group of 3 would be at a table. However, the reservations were in the quiet coach, which is not what we wanted. We have been able to find seats in a normal coach (airline 3 across), but we would've preferred a table. Both of the other people also do not recall having reserved a seat in the quiet coach, and I know we wouldn't have booked a quiet coach on purpose.

I don't think there was enough notice on the site. Has anyone else had this problem?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Adam Williams

Established Member
Joined
2 Jan 2018
Messages
3,607
Location
Warks
Queries like this are best sent to customer support along with the booking reference so that the data from the reservation system can be checked for the specific service you booked on the day that you booked it.
 

Adam Williams

Established Member
Joined
2 Jan 2018
Messages
3,607
Location
Warks
Thanks.

I think this would've been shown in the sidebar, like so, for the service in your booking:

Quiet coach sidebar magnified

Coach H, marked as a quiet coach

I believe you changed from J34 to coach H, so I guess you must have used the sidebar to change coach and actively select coach H?

I'm not saying it's perfect (you could probably add the same icon on the right as well), but I think it is the only complaint I've heard of this nature.

I think a fair criticism would be that the tooltips aren't readily accessible to mobile users - but you booked on desktop, right?
 

Crithylum

Member
Joined
21 May 2024
Messages
349
Location
London Borough of Ealing
This was booked on desktop.

I've tried seeing what it is like for booking another service, and the only indication is a very small symbol on the bar where you can select the coach (unless you hover over it, which is likely because you have already seen it). I guess we must have missed this.
1774036122271.png
It also doesn't show it in the seat summary after it has been selected. I think it would be very useful for it to be specified here if the quiet coach has been selected (see screenshot below)

1774036203510.png
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top