• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Quidco/TopCashback rates with retailers

Status
Not open for further replies.

donald2007

Member
Joined
4 Sep 2013
Messages
108
It is possible to earn varying amounts of cashback with these two websites. Generally the train operator will award a higher rate on their own services, but I want to know what the technical application is here.

Does the fare setter need to be the same company to get the higher cashback rate or does the the journey need to be entirely on their metal?

Hence, TPE award 1.05% on other tickets and a reasonable 4.72% on their own tickets. According to BR Fares the fare for my journey is set by TPE. Does this make it a TPE journey for the purposes of the cashback? Or is the requirement a journey consisting solely of TPE services.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DeeGee

Member
Joined
24 Jul 2012
Messages
1,137
Location
Great Grimsby
I've just double-checked. I've used FTPE once with Top Cashback, for a series of advance singles routed both FTPE only and FTPE + connections.

I would appear to have got 4 and a bit % for all the tickets.
 

mancnq

Member
Joined
12 Jun 2011
Messages
43
Northern tend to usually have quite good cashback offers on Quidco.
 

dvboy

Established Member
Joined
6 Sep 2011
Messages
2,039
Location
Birmingham
I tend to go for the one that offers the most at the time, for all tickets at present that's Northern on Quidco but in the past it's been Virgin, RSH and EMT.
 

pinguini

Member
Joined
2 Jan 2013
Messages
284
Northern tend to usually have quite good cashback offers on Quidco.


I will almost always use Northern through quidco. Not always because theyre the best rate (but often are) but because they get the payments out so quickly!
 

donald2007

Member
Joined
4 Sep 2013
Messages
108
Seems like Northern have stopped cashback altogether, but Hull trains is doing 5% on Quidco and works fine for all TOC's.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top