• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Questions about my journey from Liverpool to Euston

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyLandy

Established Member
Joined
30 Oct 2011
Messages
1,323
Location
Southampton, UK
I've travelled First Class with a few different operators now, courtesy of decent priced advance fares. Of the TOCs I've travelled with, Virgin's service is the most comprehensive. Most operators simply provide better accomodation (in some cases, very marginally better at that.) Virgin offer an at-seat service of snacks and drinks and I've generally found it a pleasant service and a comfortable ride. I'm sure you'll have a lovely journey. Make sure you let us know how it goes! :)
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

trainophile

Established Member
Joined
28 Oct 2010
Messages
6,992
Location
Wherever I lay my hat
I certainly will report back :D .

Oh and I've downloaded and printed the coupon for 2for1 London Eye, so depending on the weather and the queues that could be another thing off the bucket list :lol: .
 

Mutant Lemming

Established Member
Joined
8 Aug 2011
Messages
3,191
Location
London
It is a little expensive at £7.30 but if you want to get a little bit closer to Eurostar trains you can get a day return to Stratford on the South Eastern Javelin service from St.Pancras. Travel over the same tracks at similar speeds to where you have the Westfield Shopping Centre and site of the Olympic Park and you can watch Eurostar trains hammer past at Stratford International station.
 

Manchester77

Established Member
Joined
4 Jun 2012
Messages
2,628
Location
Manchester
Indeed in fact you could:-
Go to St Pancras and have a look round
Take the Javelin to Stratford International
Do a spot of shopping at westfield or have a look at the olympic park area
Take the DLR to Royal Victoria
Get off and take the acble car to the other side?

It'd probably be quieter than the London Eye
 

trainophile

Established Member
Joined
28 Oct 2010
Messages
6,992
Location
Wherever I lay my hat
That sounds very promising. Not ruling anything in or out yet, will consult my "travelling companion" (well people don't like 'OH', and 'husband' seems so formal lol) nearer the time.

Is that £7.30 reduceable with a railcard? Sorry, I should look that up for myself. In fact I'll do it now!

Edit: £4.80 off peak day return :D. I like the idea of that.

Edit again: What's "DLR"?
 
Last edited:

GNER 91128

Member
Joined
13 Jan 2011
Messages
293
Location
Peterborough
That sounds very promising. Not ruling anything in or out yet, will consult my "travelling companion" (well people don't like 'OH', and 'husband' seems so formal lol) nearer the time.

Is that £7.30 reduceable with a railcard? Sorry, I should look that up for myself. In fact I'll do it now!

Edit: £4.80 off peak day return :D. I like the idea of that.

Edit again: What's "DLR"?

Docklands Light Railway.

I'd definitely reconmend getting Oyster Cards and having your Railcards added to that, but they need re-adding everytime your Railcards are renewed.
 

AndyLandy

Established Member
Joined
30 Oct 2011
Messages
1,323
Location
Southampton, UK
If you're only going for a day, you could also just get an off peak Day Travelcard each. They're £8.90 (or £5.90 if you have a suitable Railcard) and you can use as much tube, bus or rail travel within the zones as you like. The only notable exception is that it's not valid on HS1, so if you wanted to try the Highspeed service, you'd have to buy that separately.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top