I am aware that the AHB Crossings on the Portsmouth Direct at the following locations are slated for upgrading to Full Barriers. Liss Common, Princes Bridge, Sheet and Kingsfersden. In the last week theses and the full barriers at Liss and Petersfield have sprouted what look like cameras or movement detectors at several locations on the roads on both up and down sides. At the AHBs the local authority have also posted notices of the intention to introduce parking restrictions.
Would the "cameras" be a Network Rail road traffic survey in anticipation of the crossing upgrades? I expect that full barriers will severely impact on the free flow of local road traffic if they are operated with the same time interval as the full barriers at Liss and Petersfield
Would the "cameras" be a Network Rail road traffic survey in anticipation of the crossing upgrades? I expect that full barriers will severely impact on the free flow of local road traffic if they are operated with the same time interval as the full barriers at Liss and Petersfield