3771/3772/3774 are all used as a common pool. Unless a /2 series is being put on the West London for its dual voltage capability. 3773 have their own diagrams however both can sub in for each other. I’ve seen 3774’s appear on Seafords vice a /3, I've seen four coach 377’s join a /3 to make a seven coach service instead of two booked /3’s on the London Bridge - East Croydon slow and I’ve seen a /3 tacked on to a mainline formation to bring it up to eleven coaches when a four car has failed to make it a twelve.
As for the 387’s, it was meant to be red /2’s for GatEx only and then using the remainder and (once they arrived) the /1’s and /3’s on other routes, but this has since become far less reliable and 387’s now seem to be used interchangeably.
The diagrams are worked out and booked for 377s and 387’s but enough of them are self contained and so its possible for them to be swapped to keep the service running.