• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Queens Park London

Status
Not open for further replies.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Joined
25 Jul 2011
Messages
7,040
Location
Gloucester
Does anyone know if it's possible to reach the mainline platforms at Queens Park from LUL? Wanted to have a spotting session to see fast LNR and VTWC services fly through non-stop, but I'm arriving off the Bakerloo Line from Oxford Circus. I can also get the 36 bus to Victoria that way then too!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dmncf

Member
Joined
4 Sep 2012
Messages
528
Does anyone know if it's possible to reach the mainline platforms at Queens Park from LUL? Wanted to have a spotting session to see fast LNR and VTWC services fly through non-stop, but I'm arriving off the Bakerloo Line from Oxford Circus. I can also get the 36 bus to Victoria that way then too!

No, there is a gate between the ticket hall and the footbridge that is normally locked to prevent access to them, given that no trains call at those platforms.

Alternative vantage points include Kensal Green (south end of northbound platform), Willesden Junction (footbridge over WCML accessed via station forecourt) and South Kenton (island platform).
 

djpontrack

Member
Joined
18 Jan 2011
Messages
1,025
Location
Morecambe
I would agree about the north bound platform at Kensal Green, I’ve spent plenty time there watching things going by on the WCML.
 

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joined
1 Sep 2014
Messages
12,024
Location
here to eternity
Can you get unit numbers pretty quickly if you're on the ball?

I would say so though you will be looking across 4 tracks so you may get one train obscured by another. Should also point out that if you do choose one of the LO stations adjacent to the WCML for spotting you should let staff know what you are doing there - indeed I think there are now regular staff patrols at those stations.
 

James Wake

Member
Joined
30 Aug 2013
Messages
962
Willesden Junction another good place is by the 220/487 bus stop in the station approach, good views through the fence. I managed to see all the numbers of units and Pendolinos and Voyagers that passed whilst I was awaiting a certain vehicle on the 220 last month.
 

djpontrack

Member
Joined
18 Jan 2011
Messages
1,025
Location
Morecambe
Can you get unit numbers pretty quickly if you're on the ball?

You should be ok there mate but it’s been a few years since I was last on the platform there so I don’t know if there has been any vegetation growth or high fencing installed which would obscure the numbers.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top