• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

'Quaintonian'

Status
Not open for further replies.

justinsteam

Member
Joined
3 Apr 2011
Messages
77
Location
Buckinghamshire
For a few years now, there has been a charter shuttle service on August bank holiday Monday, it operates between Aylesbury and The Buckinghamshire Railway Centre at Quainton Road and is called the "Quaintonian".

I've been on this service a few times and although it is quite slow because of the 20mph speed limit, it is interesting to see some of the line normally closed to passenger traffic which was originally part of the Metropolitan Railway.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
7 Aug 2005
Messages
21,194
Location
0035
I did it a few years ago and agree that it's a good and interesting ride.

I imagine the day where it nearly ran into a 66 at the passing loop though was probably a bit of a shock and an irritant for those who travelled a long way to see it!
 

justinsteam

Member
Joined
3 Apr 2011
Messages
77
Location
Buckinghamshire
I did it a few years ago and agree that it's a good and interesting ride.

I imagine the day where it nearly ran into a 66 at the passing loop though was probably a bit of a shock and an irritant for those who travelled a long way to see it!

That year I did not get to ride on it because the incident resulted in the service being cancelled for the rest of the day.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top